Will anyone from here be attending the Richie Brothers Auction in Kansas City,MO on Tuesday the 28th?
I can see it from my work. It is on RG Air Force base (defunct). I work at Calvary Bible College (the white dormitories to the south). Have never gone to the auction, but I get up there with some boys from church to look around once in a while.
auction Dave, if you get over to the auction on the 28th look me up. I won't be hard to spot. I will have on black uniform pants & shirt w/ black & red jacket,topped with black JD or black & red CAT hat. I have gray hair & short cut full beard. I'm looking to pick up a nice track loader. Hope to see you there! Sincerely, Dirt
Tuesday-Wednesday? Geez,I see I've already got my days mixed up. The auction is on Wednesday the 28th. I really will not know what day it is after driving out and back home.
Welcome to HEF DaveVB! :drinkup
Thanks Thanks for the welcome. I spend a lot of time over on Tractorbynet.com,but looks like I'll be splitting my time now. Lots of interesting topics and people over here. Sincerely, Dirt
Thanks, found it thru.... DHS diecast. A friend asked me "How many forums are you on anyway?" Well, my Delicious site has 19 forums bookmarked. I tend to lurk as my comments have usually been made by someone else by the time I get to the question.
Hey guys I live just south of the airbase where the auction was. Any good deals on the track loaders? I saw a 955 (probably) heading south on holmes today that came from there. Saw a couple road tractors yesterday with the tag still on them over on 135th on the kansas side. Hey Dave, what do you do at the bible college? I bid on the driving range at eagle's landing, but because of the amount of dirt that needed to be imported all the bids were too high.
Grounds manager and Maintenance Technician. I see they mowed the "driving range" yesterday, that's a first. Usually they let it go and I mow one strip along the edge to try and make it look nice for us. Kansas City/Belton has a few areas that look like ours, but aren't and when they don't get mowed I think it makes us look bad. So I end up making a token gesture. I had hoped to get up there for the sale, but we had a "banner" day (meaning things worked right and I got a lot done) with work orders, so I forgot all about it.
track loader prices Unimog, I was interested in an 04 Cat 939C that was at the auction. I ended up being outbid. It brought $62,500. There was a good clean 05 Cat 935C that brought $127,500, which I thought was good for that machine.Thats more machine and money than I could go at present for a loader. I would have liked to have gone home with the 939,but thats how it goes sometime. It was a good clean straight machine with about 990 hours on it. As for the rest of the track loaders I didn't stick around to see what they brought,because I had been up since 5am and still had to drive up to Madison, WI to a friends house. There were several 955's and 977's up for sale.
Thanks for the info guys that does sound pretty good on the 953c I need one someday. Dave do you know anything about the mowing at the base? I've got a couple of scag sabre tooth tigers I wouldn't mind putting to some use. I guess you do all your own mowing at cavalry?
Mowing at Calvary Yep, we do it ourselves. 45+- acres, currently with a Toro 72" Z-Master and a Huskee 54". We had a Tractor with 72" mower but it had hydraulic leak we couldn't afford to fix and for fear of tearing it up with multiple "drivers" on our work days we decided to sell it and are now looking for another 72". We have a 60" out at Town and Country for $5,100 in mind, and in shopping around can't find anything better, especially 72's. They are few and far between.