Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kawasaki 65ZV

1586 ยท 2012-12-20 19:06

New here and just bought one of these loaders. Any tips to watch out for on it? It is one that still has the 5.9 Cummins which I wanted for ease of service in the future. Loader has 5000 hours and is in very nice shape. Any recomendations on hyd. oil? We generally use Mobil 424 in our farm equipment and didn't know if it would work. How are the transmissions for reliability.

Replies1
  1. #1Ryanrb252013-01-30 06:47

    Good to hear someone else has one of these things mate. hehe. Our 65ZV sounds identical and has just ticked over 4000 Hours. It's been an absolute Faultless machine. Very smooth. I quite like the twin sticks for the bucket and boom. The only issue i have had with it was the proximity switch for the self levelling on the tilt cylinder needed replacing which wasnt a big deal. Just make sure you blow out the radiator/intercooler/hydrocooler with compressed air to get the dust out but that's with all loaders. I'd give it a good once over replacing all filters/oils etc. But once again that's with all loaders.