Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kawasaki 70ZIII

Jimmycrackedcorn · 2025-11-21 14:45

I have a Kawasaki 70Z series 3 loader. Front brakes are hot holding line pressure. I pulled the front wheels/hubs, installed new seals on the brake pistons, and new seals on the hubs. Pistons are holding, but the axle/hub orings are not holding, on either side. First time I did it myself, second time, I went ahead and hired Reco Equipment in Columbus Ohio to send a service tech down to make sure it was repaired correctly. Apparently these older machines don’t have computers so some of these newer techs are a bit lost. Anywho, he was of no help and it still leaks on a pressure test. I can hear the air from the test leaking inside the axle itself. My dad seems to think there’s a possibility of the hubs being cracked. But both sides? Would anyone have any experience with this issue? It’s a good, solid, tight loader. But it’s not operational with the brakes failing. Every time the piston in the brake master cylinder over strikes, the loader kicks into neutral and sets the parking brake. Not an efficient way to load dirt. Thanks in advance for any help available.

Replies0

No replies yet.