Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kawasaki 95zv no articulation

Timrgas · 2022-12-29 11:12

Anyone have any ideas to diagnosis no articulation. Was working fine couple weeks ago and then we had a blizzard and went to move some snow and no turning. Going forward maybe a tiny bit to left no right and in reverse tiny bit left and tiny bit right but steering wheel just keeps spinning with a little bit of resistance felt in wheel.

Replies2
  1. #1Minnesota Eric2023-01-04 16:21

    If it is like my Hough H80B, there is a separate pump just for articulating, and then if no pressure, the wheel is supposed to be able to still turn the machine (I've never tried that on my machine, because 36,000 pounds sounds like work). Do you have a hydraulic flow chart for your machine? If not try to get one and take a look at the steering valve. Unless you have a heated shop, I'm guessing you have some ice built up somewhere it isn't supposed to be from freezing condensation and I'd try to locate the valve in charge of steering by following the hoses and then put a heating blanket on the valve to warm it up.

  2. #2Acecadet2023-01-04 16:47

    Did you check the steering neutralizers? I’m sure a machine of that size would have some type of way to keep from banging the stops at full turns. If they got frozen in, it would take away all the steering.