Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kawasaki 95zv transmission

bmftrans · 2024-01-08 22:24

Anyone have a pdf manual for one of these machines? Trying to find instructions on how to find and clean transmission pump suction screen. Figured I’d change transmission oil as well. I believe it takes engine oil? Or hydraulic oil? Machine has 17,xxx hours. Transmission works fine just making a cavitation sound like it’s sucking air when cold (goes away when oil temperature comes up) and if you pull dipstick while running you can see many tinny bubbles in the oil. Figured cleaning screen would be a good starting point.

Replies1
  1. #18V712024-01-10 18:50

    Yes good place to start.Not familiar with that particular model but it should be somewhere around the transmission pick up tube or transmission pump inlet whether it’s internal external. I would not recommend using engine oil in the transmission. The detergents in it are not good for clutch friction disks. Power train 30w or 10w depending on the climate