Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kawasaki loaders

NFDDJS ยท 2011-11-27 16:00

I looked at a Kawasaki 70z today, seems like a good loader. What are all of your thoughts? How do you they run? How hard is it to get parts? What kind of hours are you seeing on these loaders?

Replies13
  1. #1INDREM2011-11-28 21:40

    Anyone that I have talked to with a Kawasaki loader has been very pleased with their performance and reliability

  2. #295zIV2011-11-28 22:12

    I used to run a 1994, 90zIII, and it had 20,000 plus hours and never any major problems. I spent 4 years working a quarry that had that 90, and a 80 IV, and a 95 IV, they were all good, powerful, quiet, smooth. We had one operator who had been on cat machines before and absolutely loved the Kawi's over the cats. Our dealer was Hill-Martin. Their mechanic was one of the most knowledgeable I've ever met. I'd buy one for myself in a heartbeat.

  3. #3EZland2011-12-05 07:31

    I had an 86 Z65, I think that was the model small 2 yard machine with Isuzu engine, we used it for 10 years with no issues. Great machine.

  4. #4YellowIorn2012-01-26 16:30

    Great Loader's My uncle bought an 85 new back in 2004, fantastic 4 yard machine, we had a 644 A, B, and E before but this was more productive then the 644H we tested. Still a life long deere fan but for the money their very nice, cheap to own, much more comfy then a cat and compairible to Volgograd fuel consumption wise.

  5. #5Ryanrb252012-05-19 00:00

    we have a 2008 70ZV with the Cummins motor. 4000Hours of solid work and never had one issue. Very smooth, Very reliable, Powerful! Hope you made the purchase.

  6. #6250c2012-05-19 06:48

    I commented on the wrong model-sorry.

  7. #7JGS Parts2012-05-19 10:00

    mate seen a lot of these machines in action never heard bad words about them and well parts i guess you need to look at your local area about that as with all machines what is covered well in some areas may not be in others.

  8. #8RollOver Pete2012-05-20 12:38

    One of my side jobs has 1 95, 1 90 and 4 85's. All but the 95 has fork/boom attachments. They all have been good, dependable machines but there's a damned good reason that we keep the Cat's up in the rock There's only one Cat.

  9. #995zIV2012-05-20 17:22

    'Cause you don't want to be seen in public in one? :tong

  10. #10RollOver Pete2012-05-20 18:14

    Roading a 95 in downtown L.A. is about as public as it gets, don't ya think? Actually. the Kawasaki loaders are set up for RR work. Lights, back up alarms, first aid and all of the "safety first" stuff ... everything works on them plus they can all be hauled with a 5 ax. For RR work, they are fine. Put them in the rock and you will end up wasting a machine.

  11. #1195zIV2012-05-20 19:04

    Actually I was talking about the cats, I thought all the pictures you posted are of the Kawi's.

  12. #12rabia2012-06-19 04:54

    Kawasaki loaders are very good in used i also once used this machine it was very easy and comfortable to use....

  13. #13RollOver Pete2012-06-19 12:17

    They were..