Bought my first wheel loader last winter....a New Holland 130.B that is used for farm/ranch use. It used about 4.5 gal/hr last winter and it would use about 3 or even down to about 2.7 gal/hr this summer. Is this much of a difference normal or should i be putting a different oil in. This is in South Dakota and it can get to 20 below pretty easily. Using it to push snow, load silage and hay. Not very hard work. Thanks
I am not sure what your putting for oil in your equipment but I am running 15w-40 amsoil synthetic and I have no problems at all... My CAT 420E burning about a gallon and half more an hour pushing snow. Most guys that I have talked to say the same...
Winterized fuel has a lot of kerosine in it which has less energy than fuel oil. This translates to poorer fuel consumption during the winter months.