Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kebelco Bladerunner

SNOW JW ยท 2016-10-29 13:54

Read some reviews on the forum but curious if anyone has any fresh reviews on the blade runner 150 or 160?? I am looking into a 2009 150. Used to running the Deere 120 & 160 machines so I'm curious how it digs to say a 160?? I know a 160 will out dig it but by how much?? Our houses are getting smaller and smaller in lot size overdig load out trucks then build back with 3" so the dozer would come in very handy to put back in the 3" So I guess my questions are 1. Is the machine much slower on the dig end vs the 160? Can you turn it up enough to come close?? With the large track pads I would think it would be plenty stable but I am always impressed at how fast a 160 will dig but sometimes they are a tad big on the small house holes. I will say loading trucks the long reach of a 160 is also nice. 2. How handy is the blade? Also doing foundation digs is it also in the way to much?? 3. How reliable are they?? I don't mind working on it but is there common problems I need to look out for?? We have a New Holland dealer but no Kebelco dealer our Deere-Hitachi dealer is very good to work with Thanks I'm just trying to figure out if I should be looking at a 160 or say 135 Hitachi VS the Blade runner

Replies3
  1. #1clintm2016-10-29 15:27

    are you talking about the zero tail swing blade runner which was a 135 upper or the ed180/ed190 which was the 150/180 upper. I have a ED180 the digging performance of the excavator is basically the same except using the blade as a stabilizer or more counter weight. Just like running a mini excavator

  2. #2SNOW JW2016-10-29 17:30

    Clintm. Ya I was talking the zero tail spin. How do you like your blade on the 180??

  3. #3clintm2016-10-29 20:03

    thats the 135 upper it's not going to have the power of a 160. The only complaint with the blade runners is that they are HEAVEY and HIGH ground pressure do not get them anywhere near soft ground or you will be stuck and find the bottom then that nice handy blade becomes a very good anchor . other than that they are handier than a shirt pocket if you have ever ran a mini excavator they are just bigger. When you get in a tight place you have to think about which end you what the blade on. If you plan on moving it on a tagalong trailer the 160 size is to heavy .