Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

keep the 742 or upgrade to 743, 753, or 773

sadegs ยท 2017-01-19 15:14

I have a Bobcat 742, gas powered with the mitsu engine. It's been ok and has served it's purpose for the cheap price I paid I can't do heavy or fast work with it. When I try to dig into a big pile or spin to fast, the engine will die and I have to let it recover. it does works for spreading crushed stone, loam, mulch, etc. I have a midi excavator for bigger stuff and I admit I don't have a ton of use for the bobcat. A few other machines have come up on craigslist I have been watching. A 743 w/ Kubota, a 753 and 773 . The 753 and 773 are about $2k more than the 743. Will I get some better performance from the other machines? Will they still bog and stall out like the 742? I like the 743 because of price, but I don't want to get stuck with another weak machine. what do you guys think? are the 753/773 really that much more powerful?

Replies1
  1. #1crewchief8882017-01-19 17:36

    a 743 is (basically) a 742 with a kubota diesel 753 and 773 will have a few more horses under the hood, a couple more GPM hyd flow, along with some early electronics, the BICS system, and electric brake release. :drinkup