My FL 70 has 3 batteries, and so far they are holding a good charge. With a slow workload I have not been driving the truck on a regular basis,driving it 30 mins. every week is keeping them up so far. Is that enough to keep them all charged long term or should I use some type of trickle charger. If a charger is used what type is best for my size truck?
You can now buy cheap solar powered trickle chargers. Would that work? They sell them for RV's etc.
I'm with tootalltimmy. We purchased a couple of compressors that have a solar charger installed on them. I've never worked with solar chargers until we obtained these machines, so I know very little about them. But they seem to keep the batteries at full charge ready to go status. The solar panel is about 5 inches square, mounted on top of the machines, with a wire going to the positive and negative posts of the batteries. All the goodies are contained within the solar pack mounted on top of the machines. No maintanence, no fuss, they just keep the batteries charged.
I use Del tran battery tenders they are the same idea as solar but are the plug in type. Made to maintain your battery they will not over charge. 12 v. available at Pep Boys for around $35 I do have a 24V for the scrapers that is the same idea