Curse the plastic push-to-connect heater hose fittings that Kenworth used on multiple applications. Here is a link to the TSB and the updated parts. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10164378-0002.pdf I had a road call on Friday, way up the Parks Hwy. 4F and it snowed about 8” while I was fixing it. Could have towed it, but that would be a $6k invoice. My invoice will be less than $2k and the customer was happy. Got lucky and was able to remove the threaded plastic portion from the water manifold without too much difficulty, besides cold fingers.
6k for towing?! It's $150/hr with MTR and Tows are Us. Had them make a Wasilla to Fairbanks to Wasilla haul, was $1800.
Yeah, I remember those days. Vulcan is now $250 an hour, 10% fuel surcharge and another surcharge for hazmat. $4 a mile and $60 an hour to pull the driveline. Then, add however long it would take to find a safe place to drop the pup.
Those days? That was last week. Had a 20ft connex moved, was $150 (min charge). 25ton crawler loader was $180 this summer.