Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kenworth guys – what are these air valves

Shimmy1 ยท 2026-01-22 08:31

A buddy of mine sent me this pic yesterday. This is a 2004 KW T800 day cab. I could probably get the VIN, but don't have it. He asked if I knew what the purpose of these air valves is, said that the lines were too bundled up to trace down. I circled the area he said was leaking air. My suspicion is it's a PPV, but usually those are on the tanks.

Replies4
  1. #1HarleyHappy2026-01-22 10:22

    Looks like a dump valve. Scratch that, the dump valve is to the left.

  2. #2Truck Shop2026-01-22 20:39

    That is a one way check valve {circled}

  3. #3Shimmy12026-01-22 20:43

    Any idea what that messes purpose is?

  4. #4Truck Shop2026-01-22 20:49

    Those years, could be a multiple, but that type of electrical connection was/is common to ABS. Thinking back possibly part of traction control.