Hi, New owner operator here and I've had the truck at the shop a couple weeks already and being littered with bills. Its a kenworth t800 2009. I just had my treadle valve replaced on the weekend, and have been testing the air system if it is holding air. I came across another small leak and traced it back to the valve that is mounted to the frame infront of the rear axle in the middle up top. Not too sure what it is called, quick release valve? I can't seem to find a valve that looks like it online, can someone advice me please. It is not leaking that bad that I notice lost air on gauges with truck shut off, but it is audible when I listen with truck off and someone applies brakes. Thanks for you help
None of your pictures show up for me.
[/url][/IMG] Can't seem to make them come through.
Here we go figured it out. Thank you.
R12 vertical.
Awesome thank you so much! I really have to work over these failing air valves on this rig. And what kind of leveling valve is this? On the left side of the frame between tandem axles aswell. Thanks in advance
The relay valve you could get off the shelf anywhere. The leveling valve I would call the dealer on. My KW dealer is pretty competitive on pricing. Maybe get both there. As long as you know that is the problem and not just a symptom of something else.
I went over it again with a soap sprayer, they never tightened the main air line enough coming into the treadle valve, heard quite a leak/bubbles there, got almost another turn out of that fitting, not audible anymore, but still see the odd bubble tho the angle the line comes in I am not surprised, I'll keep an eye on that. The R12 valve is definitely wheeping from the exhaust, I'll get a new one there. I'm suspecting they are all sort of old and rotten as truck was sitting a few month prior of me purchasing it. And they don't appear to ever have been replaced. What other issues could cause wheeping out of everything? Check valve on way out by air dryer?
Leveling valve #90555057.
You rock! Thanks so much for your help. Some of those leveling valves look a tad different but same part #? I can't seem to see this part on any new ones I found online. Sorry total noob here when it comes to air system. Also what is this valve? Under cab right where I sit essentially, besides left of transmission. Sorry it keeps going... I have air coming out of this 45° fitting coming off of the compressor, wheeping when truck sitting... will drain system too. Is check valve done from air dryer? What kind of check valve would I need to replace faulty one? Also always have a mist of moisture in my drain tanks
Those issues stated above is why my pressure drops from 120-50 in about 2 hours of sitting after further investigation. Can't notice the leaks while operating, but definitely the slight leaking sound when walking around at engine off, still drives me nuts. Tomorrow trying to get a R12 vertical as that leak at engine off seems quite annoying (bleeds system too), and also leveling valve & hopefully check valve if that's what is causing back pressure to the compressor? Thanks a bunch already, and my apologies for the lengthy posts, but truly need some guidance in this field, thanks.
This looks like the governor/check/release valve on my air dryer? Is this the correct part, would help alot in preventing back flow to compressor I would think?
Valve under seat looks to be a R14 horizontal, need a better photo. The air dryer is a AD-IS. The spin-on cartridge is a KW-TRP line-#AC1001. The purge valve for the air dryer is a Bendix #KO22105 The D-2 governor you just posted above is correct for the AD-IS dryer and is preset on psi.
Awesome thanks so much again! So in order to replace check valve on these, I shall replace the whole unit (governor aswell?) I think I'll start with this and a R12 vertical for now and see where I end up, definitely will slow minor leaks in those areas, not sure about the entire system tho, will keep on investigating. Thanks for your amazing help! You deserve a medal.
Most on here think I deserve a swift kick in the ass.
Well, yeah, but that doesn't mean you don't know your stuff!
I don't know squat.
You ARE a contrarian, aren't you?
pretty damn contrary, I've been told.
It's sad that I knew what some of that stuff was. Trucks..............UGH