Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

key for 955L trackholder … where to buy?

DPForumDog ยท 2013-11-18 10:42

Maybe I am a little paranoid, but we have only one key for our 955L track loader. I want to get a couple of spare keys. What do most folks do? Thanks Granny DP tag: Cat 955 caterpillar 955L

Replies6
  1. #1Cutterjohn2013-11-18 11:16

    Should be CAT PNO 8H-5306, otherwise known known by us old timers as "the forked key"

  2. #2Cutterjohn2013-11-18 12:33

    As far as availability, most CAT dealers should have them, about $6.00 a pop. I'm sure there are aftermarket ones, just never ran into any.

  3. #3cat9532013-11-18 16:48

    try http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n...t+keys&ie=UTF8&qid=1384811121&rnid=2941120011

  4. #4Tags2013-11-18 19:15

    A piece of heavy wire bent in a "U" shape will work if you're desperate or stranded without one....

  5. #5kb9tci2013-12-20 21:41

    I just bought 4 of them for around $6 shipped off of eBay. They came in a few days ago and look good. Have to try them out soon

  6. #6TEC2013-12-21 09:13

    Depending on the dealer, they may just give you the key. If not, they cant be more than $5-6 each, remember to hit them up for a free hat/t shirt/cup while your there..... Tom