Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

King Kutter Attachments? Good /Bad ?

showmestateride ยท 2015-03-15 00:39

Looking at buying some attachments for a Kutoba tractor. King Kutter attachments are everywhere and are alot cheaper than most brands . Seeing what everybodys thougths are on this brand . Looking at a 5-6' Disc. Looked at a Landpride and its built very stout compared to the Kutter. The Kutter is angle iron while the Landpride is square tubing.The landpride seems to way alot more . The prices are alot different . The landpride 5' disc is $1690 compared to the Kutter $899 for a 6 1/2 . Want good quality but for a decent price. Not looking for the cheapest . Wanting it to last . Any thought on these attachments not just a disc. Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1Delmer2015-03-15 07:50

    Want it to last how long? How many acres per year? Established garden/food plot or bushwacking? What size tractor do you have to break it?

  2. #2JNB2015-03-15 09:45

    King Kutter quality resides confidently at the bottom of the attachment barrel. I've seen it first hand. Against my advice, my father in law keeps buying the junk then goes through spool after spool of my welding wire and metal stash trying to keep them together. As just one example of the lack of quality...He bought the brush hog last March and broke it at least three times during the fall and summer (that I know of.) You would be much better off buying a heavy used disc and replacing parts as needed.

  3. #3old-iron-habit2015-03-15 11:52

    I fully agree. King cutter may be fine if you want to cut thistles in your back yard but they will not last long in a work environment.

  4. #42grit2015-03-16 09:53

    I bought a 6' King Kutter rototiller off Ebay a few years ago to till the garden behind my Kubota. The thing is a beast. I've tilled the garden with a walk behind for years and thought I had every rock removed until I tilled with the KK. It threw some pretty big rocks out without any problem and kept going. I tilled for a neighbor who hasn't picked a rock EVER and it did exceptionally well. I was impressed. I don't own any other KK attachments so I cannot speak for anything else

  5. #5redneckracin2015-03-16 14:20

    TSC sells them. That should be enough right there. I'd compare it to harbor freight. If your in a pinch or can deal with "throw away" quality your good. I do believe that they have a professional line that is a little bit better. These prices seem to be more in line with the other manufacturers.

  6. #6DiggerDown2015-04-06 11:51

    I would have to agree. Not sure if they can help you on this or not but have you tried TRK Attachments ?

  7. #7td25c2015-04-30 23:18

    I use a King Cutter box blade often . I like running it behind the dozer or for making final grade . Finished up a cell tower site with it .