Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

King post/swing post prices

dabsfabs · 2013-06-26 11:04

What the going rate for having king post line bored vs new post. And how many of you do this repair for clients. Only some idiot said I was to deer, he would sooner buy a new post. I know from a long time ago i think he was after mates rates but that another story. Spoke to several dealerships and no one will tell what the prices are. One dealership i usually get 1 or 2 a month. But looking to get other dealers to follow the same is proving difficult. So what is a fair price to do this? And whats the general line boring rate?

Replies8
  1. #1mikebramel2013-06-26 20:08

    $500-1500

  2. #2TOM V2013-06-26 20:15

    I bored and bushed 2 swing frames a few months back and I charged $1200 for each one. I find that rates vari in different regions of the US.

  3. #3dabsfabs2013-06-27 09:12

    The $500-1500 it the price of the post or repair? I charged £750-850 for the three bores, boom to post, cylinder to post, post to chassis. That just for the post. Machine chassis is extra again. I don't this is excessive perhaps others might thinks so. I also find rates need tweaking for different areas normally only by no-more £2-3 pounds.

  4. #4watglen2013-06-27 11:50

    Assuming the bores are bushed after boring, it's likely better than new imo Rebush anytime.

  5. #5dabsfabs2013-07-01 05:15

    The bore are put as makers, bushes only used where bushes were. Trying to get them bush everything that bored, but the customer don't want to do it.

  6. #6watglen2013-07-01 07:53

    Dabsfabs, what's makers? And why? Ken

  7. #7dabsfabs2013-07-01 08:48

    The dealers, want it put back as manufactures spec. When I have asked keeps everything standard is their answer. They have no odd ball machines out in there market area so I can understand why, but it's also another avenue for the to make money on spares which is the bit i don't get. And don't want to seem to explore. What I am finding is that the more of these post I do the tolerances in them varies wildly even from a manufacture. It’s nothing to have .15-.2 mm in there bushes and pins. I aim for .08-.1 mm when I finish the bore. This could be why I some people, are saying I am too expensive. But looking at the prices I am not that expensive when exchange rate converter done its bit.

  8. #8mikebramel2013-07-01 19:24

    $500 at a farm shop. Hyd rod and bored the king post to size. No good but its cheap LOL Done well $1000-1500