I have been searching every corner of the internet for pictures of the Kinzua operations in north central Oregon from the 60's until closure in the 70's. I know that they had a fleet of offroad trucks, but most of the equipment has been undocumented other than a few slides from when they were closing the original pine mill and logging camp. Any help or sources would be greatly appreciated, thus far the only picture focused on equipment i have found is from a historic photo archive. https://www.oregondigital.org/concern/images/df66v5003?locale=en
Not sure if this is what you are looking for? The Kinzua Pines Mill Company at DuckDuckGo DuckDuckGo. Privacy, Simplified. duckduckgo.com trainweb.org Kinzua – A Logging Company Owned Community - A.R. Bowman Museum Logging and lumber mill operations in Wheeler county of North Central Oregon began to expand in 1927 when E.D. Wetmore founded the town of Kinzua. The new crookcountyhistorycenter.org In this link the fellow hauled for Kinzua, he may be a contact for further information Oregon company town lives on in man’s memories and model trucks At one point, the company town of Kinzua was the largest town in Wheeler County. Now, all that's left is a golf course. But one man is working to preserve Kinzua's history. www.opb.org
Thank you for your help, but i unfortunately i already knew of these sources. I am trying to find information or photographs detailing the equipment they used in they're later years. I had seen the log truck photo from the news interview, and if possible would like to get in contact with Cody, but that hasn't been possible. The Condon Kinzua & Southern railroad was how i originally found out about the company and there are some pieces of equipment in the background of some of the photos but most are still early years.
I’m not sure how the US government, state, records company registration records of industry resources, but it may hold some information on Kinzua’s activities. Predecessors of Kinzua would be the next resource to information. I am in British Columbia and research historical logging in British Columbia, I have access to the Royal British Columbia Museum in Victoria, which holds vast amounts of historical records of British Columbia. I also have access to the University of British Columbia, which again hold vast amounts of historical records of British Columbia. I don’t know if you have similar resources but maybe contacting the main state Museum and Universities historical records and archives,you hopefully may be able to find information that can help you. Wish I could help you further, maybe other libraries or repository archives in towns close to their operations would hold some information, but I do hope you find some success in your research. Copied from this link 30845 - GE 70 Ton Switcher Frontier Resources L.L.C. acquired Kinzua Corporation in 1994 and operated a sawmill in Pilot Rock, Oregon, under the Kinzua Resources L.L.C. name until June 2009, when Kinzua sold the mill to timber industry giant Boise-Cascade. I am sure you already have this information.
Sorry the thread went dead for a while, you are right though i had already found some of the history regarding their later years. I even went threw some of the Bosie Cascade archived material and if there ever was anything related to Kinzua they must not have bothered to include it. My best chance if i ever want to get historic pictures is most likely going to be local museums from the area. So i guess i'll drop by when i visit my cousin in Hermiston this summer. If i remember i will upload anything i find here for future people interested. Thanks for your help though.
Yes, from what I’ve read very little of any Photographic history, was recorded. Lots of short articles on the general history, but nothing specific. I did, however, find a couple of articles relating to Kinzua Pine Mills. Former Kinzua residents gather for reunion Remember Kinzua! That is a rallying cry for hundreds of people who once called the company-owned town of Kinzua home. Founded in 1927, and beginning operations in 1928, the Kinzua Pine Mills was a large employer in Wheeler County. The company began providing housing for its workers and their... www.timesjournal1886.com Kinzua, OR | A few photos from the Kinzua gathering at Tim Adams’ house in Heppner yesterday. | Facebook A few photos from the Kinzua gathering at Tim Adams’ house in Heppner yesterday. www.facebook.com Seems to be your best bet to talk to these people! Best of luck Gunnie