Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kioti/Hyundai skid steer opinions

johndeere2240 · 2025-01-26 23:15

I have seen track loaders/skid steers sitting at a Kioti dealer near me, and then shortly afterwards I began seeing videos pop on YouTube and facebook, well after some investigation I find out that it is new venture by Hyundai/ Kioti, which I didn’t realize are owned by the same company, now I don’t know much about Kioti, the dealers for them have been in my area (north Alabama) for years but just what I hear about them is about 50/50 good bad…………..but Hyundai on the other hand seems to have a really good track record with there other Construction Equipment, although not in my area. The specs on the loader don’t seem bad, the one thing I noticed is the hinge pin max hight is in up there like 130”, which would be really nice for loading trucks, the machine seems well laid out, hoses are routed clean and neat and are wrapped, cab tilts easily and tilts to 90* the access to the hydraulics seems really good, engine compartment looks decent, radiator swings out, cooling fan for the condenser on top swings up, the cab is big, and basics, just a clean looking monitor, and manual rocker switches for everything else, knobs work the climate control, the only thing that is really stupid is where they put the washer fluid reservoir, down under the arm rest where you can’t get to it. They have a “better”warranty than any other manufacturer at 3 years 3000 hrs. I have seen mostly positive reviews, Dirtperfect on YouTube kept one for about 100hrs and had good things to say, but I did see 2 shorts where people had problems with them, and claimed that Kioti did not want to address them,…………..so I’m curious what do y’all think? Anyone have any experience with them yet?

Replies8
  1. #1Jhnbenton2025-04-08 03:05

    I just purchased one about a month ago , so far its doing really good only have 30 hrs on it so far

  2. #2mowingman2025-04-08 06:57

    Reading past posts on here will show you that the warranty may be nearly worthless. It appears that Kioti has not been very good at taking care of warranty issues. You may want to give them a few more years to get their act together.

  3. #3Welder Dave2025-04-09 03:37

    Being new to the skid steer market I'd probably wait until there are some longer term reviews on not just the loaders but also the dealers and their service dept's. A machine is only as good as the service you get from the dealer. How much training will the dealer mechanics have from the factory and how good is the parts support are the biggest concerns for me.

  4. #4hopkins7602025-08-16 00:44

    Kioti Skid Steer is bad, just purchase 2025. Hydraulics cannot handle multifunction's same time meaning if your back filling tracks don't move until you stop using arm, Can not handle steep hills. you loose 50% in Valve upon delivery. Have to sell now so lost 35K in valve for brand new machine

  5. #5Welder Dave2025-08-16 02:11

    Are you sure it's set up properly? Maybe the injection pump or governor needs adjusting. Is it laboring when trying to drive and move the bucket?

  6. #6excavator2025-08-16 12:07

    Is it a true Hyundai just rebadged as a Kioti or is it built by Hyundai to Kioti's specs? Meaning does it use all the same components as Hyundai or do parts need to be purchased through Kioti? If it is just a rebadged Hyundai then I would think that a good Hyundai dealer would be able to service them.

  7. #7hopkins7602025-08-16 13:21

    Brand New

  8. #8Welder Dave2025-08-16 19:47

    Yes, but you didn't answer if it's a rebadged Hyundai or if you've taken it back to the dealer for these issues.