I'm interested in adding the mechanical Klac quick coupler system to my 2005 New Holland EH-80 (Kobelco) excavator (about 8 to 9 tons). The Klac used to be offered by Rockland Manufacturing from PA, but now it is being offered by Werk-Brau from OH. I'm attracted to it because it is a close-coupled system that does not cause any loss of bucket breakout force, & it's simple & light. Hopefully, not too expensive. I will have to modify my existing Werk-Brau 24" dig bucket to remove the pin-on ears & weld on a Klac base plate. Does anyone have a Klac system in use?? How does it work, how do you like it, did you modify any existing buckets to work with it, what size excavator is it on, etc.?? If not Klac, what other close-coupled couplers would you recommend?
i have seen a klac on yanmar mini diggers. it is a good and safe system. you will have to change the rangers on your buckets .it has a reverse hangers on the front so if the back clip opens it cannot fall off the front hanger
I use a Kenco system on my Kobelco 115 and it works quite well for me, it is a wedge style and only takes a couple of minutes to switch buckets.