Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Knuckle Boom Truck

Letsplay2 ยท 2007-09-01 00:11

Anyone know os places that sell good used Knuckle boom trucks that I can call or look at... I am in the market for a good used on on a tractor fifth wheel or flatbed but I don't want to purchase a brand new one and pay the F.E.T. :notworthy Devin

Replies3
  1. #1Ford LT-90002007-09-01 01:49

    With you living so far away you might have a tough time getting a hiab truck. What size of crane are you looking at ? How much reach ? Do you want full power extensions or pull outs ? Things to keep in mind older model Hiab you can't get parts for then you get into the other odd ball brands like Tico and the Italian made knuckle booms. You might be better off finding a heavy truck tractor and a knuckle boom to mount on it. Good Luck

  2. #2Letsplay22007-09-04 16:01

    Crane Size I am looking for at least 40' of reach with a hook pick weight of 4100 lbs.. I would prefer to have the following: Hydraulic Extensions Dual Hydraulic Functions to the tip Jib (preferred but no necessary) Minimum 40' of reach but able to pick 4100 lbs at this reach Outrigger spread of 21' I know it's a lot to ask but I really would like to be able to do a majority of work that comes our way.. We do a lot of Gen Sets & Boat Engines but are looking to do more work then that... Radio Remote would be appreciated. Devin

  3. #3Ford LT-90002007-09-04 20:29

    What about a Pitman(stinger) or do you need the compactness of a Hiab. The local building supply has a hiab forget the model number now but it has 40 feet of reach no pullouts all full hydraulic extensions. Wireless controls too. I never got to use it I quit the company and just after they got the single axle truck with the hiab. The truck itself is too light for the crane it will roll the truck. I don't have much experience with knuckle booms I have used them a little bit but all my experience is with hydraulic truck cranes. I always thought about going for my crane ticket but never did. I never did get onto conventional crane dad showed me but his old crane in the familly business is a bear to run its retired now. Here is a link to B.C.s larger Hiab dealer http://www.falconequip.com/index.php