I searched til I'm blue in the face but, is there supposed to be any way of greasing the front idler bearings? I don't see any fittings, are you supposed to take out that grub screw and fit a grease nipple? Thanks.
Most all idlers,rollers,etc. are sealed bearings running in oil,installed when assembly.
Thanks, I'm hearing a squeak from that direction, no harm in taking that grub screw out just to see.
By the looks of the mud around the idler ,might have a rock stuck along side the idler,but if it is squeaking all the time the bearing is probably already going.Move the machine with someone standing outside to see if the idler is wobbling. and to locate where the noise is actually coming from.
Well I checked to see if there was a rock in there but it's just mud, I also got busy and unscrewed those grub screws with an allen key and there's oil in there, there's no oil leaking any where round the idler shaft so I'm hoping alls good, I'll get someone to stand outside aswell.