Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi 220-5 hydraulics bogging engine down

SHAWNM ยท 2013-07-10 19:03

I have a 220-5 hitachi and it out of the blue started bogging down the engine at the bottom of cylinders, travel, swing and no power once you activate any hydraulic function. I changed fuel filters, banjo, engine is not the problem, also checked fuses and computer flashes normal. Have heard dp sensor, angle sensor.... Dont know. Thanks shawn

Replies2
  1. #1whfh992013-11-04 07:47

    Did you ever figure out what the issue was with this machine? Trying to diagnose a Komatsu PC220LC-3 that practically stalls the moment I introduce any hydraulic pressure. Trying to first find out if the issue is engine vs. hydraulics.

  2. #2GregD12013-11-04 21:26

    I had a similar problem years ago with I thnk was a 270 or a 330, been a while. It would run just fine then all of a sudden the engine would shut off like you reached out and grabbed the flywheel and stopped it. It would start right back up again and run fine, then randomly shut off, might be a day or so later, but it would still do it. I narrowed it down to pump regulators. Removed and cleaned everything to make sure nothing was sticking or any other signs of a proble. Put them back on and never saw it again. Might be worth a look.