Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco 115SR underperforming is it mode problem

jjfpuru · 2024-09-07 04:06

My Kobelco's mode selector is not reporting its selection I think it is stuck in S. Can someone explain what parameters it changes? For example when s is selected and you take a big bite of earth will it prevent full pilot presure being applied to the squash plates and therefore not ask the engine for more torq or will it increase pilot pressure but not let the engine respond. Will either of these paths present as if the main pump/engine is worn. My dig functions well, slew has no strength and on a heavy dig the engine does not grunt and the bucket just stops untill the boom is lifted a touch.

Replies19
  1. #1Kobe Steel2024-09-09 05:02

    If you are finding that the mode selection is not being displayed on the monitor and assuming you have a -1 model then you may find that the lamp bulbs in the display monitor are blown otherwise the S mode is usually a standard digging mode selection which should not underperform or be restrictive for digging and slew operations, I would think that this may be another issue you are having. Kind regards

  2. #2jjfpuru2024-09-09 06:33

    Thanks for your comments it looks like the fitter did a good check i have attached a screen print if you can read it and maybe comment? Meanwhile I have been offered a new Korean bare pump for £2500 which I think is as good a prospect as any. Thanks for your helpful advice will go and check those bulbs now! Regards

  3. #3Kobe Steel2024-09-09 07:39

    You need more diagnostics carried out before committing to replacing the pump. The pump units are positive proportional controlled and require a pilot supply pressure to both regulators to function correctly. If you would like some help carrying out your own diagnostics checks them pm me and I can try and help you where possible. The pump brand is Kawasaki KPM and there is a Korean manufacturer that makes aftermarket pump parts and complete units for just about every known machine brand on the market. While the finished product looks identical to genuine, some of the parts have major flaws, so exercise caution when purchasing complete pump units or base units at a low price. Flutek is the official Korean engineering company that manufactures Kawasaki hydraulic components and pump units with most of its share holdings now owned by Kawasaki Precision Machinery Japan.

  4. #4jjfpuru2024-09-09 10:29

    Help would be great but I don't appear to have the exact manual for my m/C The gear pump in my parts book shows a filter on the poppet but my pump looks different. Also in any of the modes a 360 turn in any dirction takes 24seconds if i put the KPSS to release the turn takes 11 seconds each way. Just had a splash on the monitor as I shut down "CPU MECHAIRO CONT FA" I had been switching between modes just prior to shutting down. So maybe the control panel? I have found manuals for Kobelco SK1155-1ES, SK135RLC-1ES, SK135SRL-1ES Excavator - Workshop Manuals at £10 these may be a scam but not a big risk? Will check the manufacturer of the bare pump I am being offered. Many Thanks

  5. #5Kobe Steel2024-09-10 04:55

    When the display monitor loses communication from the main controller it will display CPU MECHATRO FAIL. It is not uncommon for these controllers to fail. The main controller is located behind the seat under the speaker panel. Switching the KPSS switch bypasses the controller to send a fixed electrical current to the pump solenoids so the machine can still be moved for emergency situations. Any issues with the main controller must be rectified prior to carrying out any additional diagnostics. See down load link below for Kobelco manual which was posted by well known Forum member "Lachau". So all credit to Lachau, Thank you ! " https://www.mediafire.com/file/ctkbpwncbzkpj7a/SK115-SK135SR+Shop+Manuall.pdf/file " Kind regards

  6. #6jjfpuru2024-09-10 06:59

    Got the manual so great. I am suspicious of the controller and will check all connections but if no luck then start to look for replacement controller. Unless I can get a pre-used controller the programming is beyond me, and probably to expensive to get proffesionals involved on such an old machine. The KPPS switch bypasses the controller so if I reset/raise the pilot pressure the KPSS switch is using could I get a constant performance based on throttle setting or maybe fix the electrical current the KPSS is sending to a higher level, is it just a voltage? All just really inefficiently but i will only use the m/c a couple of weeks a year. Regards

  7. #7Kobe Steel2024-09-11 11:10

    The controller operates a number of solenoids for single and combined operations so if the controller is giving you issues you may find that operating the machine in the KPSS release state is difficult with certain movements and operations. Do not raise your pilot pressure above factory setting, this will only create more heat and accelerate wear to the pilot pump and may damage your pilot system controls and sensors. Changing the electrical resistance may also damage the pump solenoid coils if they draw to high and operate outside its limits. Getting another used controller that suits your machine model would be your best solution. To help avoid any additional breakdown costs try changing the hydraulic oil and return filter yourself and keep the radiator and oil cooler clean and clear of dirt build up. Keeping the oil cool and clean goes a long way in getting the most operating hours from your machine with fewer breakdowns. Kind regards

  8. #8jjfpuru2024-09-11 12:34

    Many Thanks

  9. #9jjfpuru2024-09-19 11:18

    Hi sorry for delay have managed to check my first thoughts and sure enough 360 turn under normal operating take 24 seconds with KPSS release takes 11 seconds. Monitor says all ok and can get information out of it no mode indicator on display. Can you advise a supplier for a YN22E00069F7 replacement does it need to be an exact numerical match and does it need programming and to do so will there be software required?

  10. #10Kobe Steel2024-09-19 21:06

    Correct part number is important. It will require a step motor calibration procedure. Once this is done then the screen should display as normal. Depending on the supplier you may have to provide a serial number for preprogramming by the supplier. Here is a possible lead. YV22E00001F8 YV22E00001F1 YV22E00001F5 Main Controller for Kobelco SK1 Product Name: Main Pump ControllerPart Number: YV22E00001F8. YV22E00001F1, YV22E00001F5, etcApplied Model: Kobelco SK115SR, etcCountry of Origin: China. Conditions: New and programmed. Warranty: 12 months. Delivery Time: 3-7 days. Prepare Time: 2~3 days. Brand: SINOCMP. Service System: Online... sinocmp.com

  11. #11jjfpuru2024-09-21 11:34

    excellant again. just suppling engine details for them to be able to preprogram before quoting me! just not sure the problem is the controller. I am basing my thoughts on the speed increase using KSPP release switch and lack of reporting/change of mode indicaton. The menu reports all other parameters ok. Would the controller report KSPP switch operated or fault on monitor I wonder? Can I do a step calibration on this controller or do I need some software?

  12. #12jjfpuru2024-09-21 11:45

    ahh just found screen 22 on the service menu should show is KSPP is operated so maybe mythoughts on reliability of the controller are rubbish. Any idea how the controller can be checked out. If the suppliers come back witha sub £600 replacement price I guess it should clear it up and then I can concentrate on the pump issue?

  13. #13Kobe Steel2024-09-21 21:48

    here is some information from a -6 training manual and although it is does not cover your specific machine model you can still use this as a rough guide for doing checks and reading values off the monitor. You can use the check sheet to record your values. Out of range readings can suggest an issue with wiring or a faulty sensor or solenoid, most sensors when out of range are usually picked up by the controller and an error code is given. For the step motor calibration, this should be in the manual, see link in previous posts.

  14. #14jjfpuru2024-10-22 05:15

    Hi Guys Me again! Got a new controller and it is picking up some sensor faults which are not in the manual. A couple are indicating a negative reading so I wonder if this may be a polarity problem. My machine has a negative earth do any machines around europe etc have positive earths? Probably over thinking it. The faults are SE P1NEGA-con sensor Se P2NEGA-con sensor SV POWERBOOST solenoid SE BACK PRESS sensor as these faults wont clear I cannot get to do the A and B setups. Any thougts? Regards Bill

  15. #15Kobe Steel2024-10-23 07:09

    Hi Bill All Japanese excavators that I have ever worked on have been negative earth type but that's not to say that there is not a machine out there that is configured the other way around. You may need to double check the part number of the controller you have obtained. I could be wrong here but for those sensors and solenoid you have listed, I have come across on the 20 Ton machine versions but not the 115/135 models. You may need to double check your part numbers or the controller may not have the correct programming. Best regards

  16. #16jjfpuru2024-10-23 10:40

    Hi On monday an electronics guy is coming around to see if we can check the voltages and trace the feeds back. However the manual dose not show a power boost solenoid although there is a "solenoid" and no back pressure sensor is shown so your thoughts on programming stack up. I have asked the Chinese supplier to check that they are comfortable with the info I sent them, and if needed could I return the unit for reprogramming for which I will pay. The language barrier is proving difficult. Have you any idea what programming consists of is it a file that can be loaded so I just need to locate the coreect file or does it neeed to be read in via a pc etc? Regards Bill

  17. #17Kobe Steel2024-10-23 13:50

    Unfortunately I have not had much to do with the controller down to that level so I cant be of much help but I may be able to point you in the right direction to some forum members that may be able to answer your question. Try reaching out to these 2 forum members below as they both have extensive knowledge on various excavators and machine controllers @LACHAU @mg2361 best regards

  18. #18jjfpuru2025-02-02 05:40

    Hi Guys another update controller was replaced at no charge and all seems fine but still having low speed tracks so fitted new P1 and P2 solenoids now getting readings as P1 Comp 481ma 11k meas 9ma 0 k power shift 0 P2 comp 431ma 11k meas 9ma 0 k power shift 0 any thoughts on what might be happening? warm regards

  19. #19Kobe Steel2025-02-03 04:39

    what state was the machine in or what operations were carried out when you recorded these readings? Are these reading occurring when you use the travel operation only, and all other functions are ok? What are the minimum and maximum low pressure sensor readings for travel left and travel right operations? Best regards