Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help Needed Quick

lmosle01 ยท 2024-09-06 17:02

I am 2.5 hrs from my manuals and my John Deere 50G is having an issue with the controls. It started out this morning with absolutely no controls. After running it for a while, I was finally able to get it to track, lower/raise the blade, swing left/right, and pivot the bucket and thumb. But all vertical operations for both sticks are dead. I can push and pull both sticks and get nothing. Where should I start? One thing that I need to point out is that it got rained on last night. Is there a place I need to look for moisture? Thanks in advance for any help. I need to get this thing running pretty quick.

Replies2
  1. #1materthegreater2024-09-06 22:12

    Not familiar with that model but maybe check to see if a pattern changer is not fully engaged, or really low on hydraulic fluid?

  2. #2lmosle012024-09-06 22:30

    You nailed it. I was going to let everyone know that I found the problem. I had changed the pattern selector and did not put it in the right position. My stupidity cost me a days work. I appreciate you helping. That was an excellent diagnosis.