Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco 135 excavator idler wheel repair?

ferrret3238 ยท 2017-12-29 15:15

I've got a Kobelco SK135SRLC Excavator that I'm going to have to work on sometime soon for the owner. The track idler wheel bearing? Bushing? Something? is shot. That's my question. I have the parts manual in front of me and all it lists is basically the idler, shaft, bushing, and the seal kit. Has anybody had one of these apart before and can confirm that theres no bearings in there or is it just a big 2 part bushing of some sort? The center of the idler is somewhat shot so I will probably have to weld it up and bore it out for whatever rides in there. Ill get some pictures of it when I get into it later next month but wanted to know what I'm getting into. Breaking the tracks alone will be a chore as I don't have a track press but it shows a master link in the book but I couldn't find it on the machine. Will have to look better when the weather here is better.

Replies4
  1. #1Junkyard2017-12-29 15:36

    99% of the time the complete idler is cheaper than the time and frustration of repairing it. I've done quite a few Komatsu and Deere's lately and they were all in the $600-$900 range. Not worth messin with IMO. Those were aftermarket prices. A machine that size you could probably heat and beat the master out depending on what style it has. Could be press fit or could have a large retaining pin holding master pin in. You'll have to pull a pad or two off the rail at the master for room to work. Set down your purse, get your BFH and have some fun!

  2. #2Bls repair2017-12-29 17:48

    Get a price from these guys (S&S tractor parts inc).315-673-4966.

  3. #3willie592017-12-29 19:52

    I agree with others, by the time one notices the idler bushings have gone down it's so knackered up inside it ain't worth the trouble trying to repair it, especially when aftermarket replacements are out there for an affordable price.

  4. #4uffex2017-12-30 08:46

    Good day Ferret See attached may help. Kind regards Uffex