Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco 210LC-6 air filter restriction indicator

ETMF 58 White ยท 2015-10-05 00:50

My 2006 210LC started showing a "restricted air filter" message soon after I bought it about 2 years ago. A new air filter didn't cure the code, and I couldn't even find the restriction sensor to check it out or wiggle it, but after a few months the machine fixed itself and the control panel displayed normally (the clock and maybe another item or two is the default display I assume). Recently, it started showing the "restricted air filter" message again. Nothing I do clears the message, even though I know it is not restricted air flow. There is a wiring diagram in the operator's manual, but I can't make sense of the schematic. Anybody got any ideas on how to fix this one? The machine operates normally in all modes, but I'm really not getting the information I need from the display with this air filter message flashing 8 hours a day.

Replies4
  1. #1lantraxco2015-10-05 02:47

    #4

  2. #2ETMF 58 White2015-10-05 22:20

    Thanks for the schematic. I found the sensor and unplugged one wire which apparently opened the circuit and extinguished the warning message. So I'm thinking the sensor is defective. Kobelco parts are expensive so I may not worry with replacing it. I keep my filters clean and replace them on all my equipment regularly anyway.

  3. #3lantraxco2015-10-05 23:44

    That works!

  4. #4dirthog2015-10-06 09:38

    take the sensor out and gently blow into it they have a VERY small orifice in them and it does not take much to plug it up even the dust from changing filters will do it sometimes.