I ohmed the load side of the fuse and its a short. could it be a diode? Under the seat is the glove-box and in the back right hand corner is a compartment that houses a relay and a timer associated with the circuit but I cannot figure out how to access the compartment ? has anyone ever gotten back there?
I believe there is a diode (CN-D1) in that circuit that could go bad and short the circuit. I'm not sure where it is but if you follow the white and red wire from the engine stop solenoid it should lead you to it. I have also seen the timer go bad and short out as well.
I have a 45r-8 and have been there and back. Take the seat out. Unbolt the sliding mechanism. Then you can get at the bolts that hold the covers in place inside the seat box thing. It kinda sucks taking it apart but not bad to put together other than standing on your head inside a phone booth.