Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco 330lc Hydraulic Problem

Deworley ยท 2015-01-05 11:39

I have a kobelco 330Lc Ser#YCO7-U1371. I am having trouble with the controls of my machine. It started suddenly, if you pull the boom raise lever the boom will not move until you have almost reached the end of the stroke. When it does move it jumps there is no slow movement to it at all. This also seems to be the case with the swing,stick, and bucket control. I have a service manual and been reading it for a while and is overwhelming. I installed gauges on P,P1, and P2 of the pump and have gotten kind of lost. The computer has no fault codes and I don't know where to start. From reading the book it could be electrical or in the hydraulic side. Can anyone help me with where to start. Thanks

Replies9
  1. #1mikebramel2015-01-07 23:24

    What is the pilot pressure at half stroke of the joystick compared to full?

  2. #2Deworley2015-01-08 19:44

    The pressure at the pilot pump seems to stay basically the same. When you pull multiple functions the is a quick drop of about 25psi but is very momentary. We have pulled the relief valve and checked the seat and bore and all that looks fine. The computer on the machine where it shows the volts when you pull a lever makes us believe we are not getting pressure on the low pressure side. Thanks Doug

  3. #3Deworley2015-01-08 19:46

    The pilot pump pressure is 710psi.

  4. #4mikebramel2015-01-08 20:15

    I would only check the pilot pressure at the spool. You will need a 1/4 or 3/8 JIS inline tee.

  5. #5Deworley2015-01-09 20:15

    Tried to get the inline tee's today and are not available locally. I'm going to have to try Kobelco or find online somewhere.

  6. #6mikebramel2015-01-10 12:24

    https://shop.tifco.com/Catalog/id/79990 https://shop.tifco.com/catalog/id/79992 https://shop.tifco.com/Catalog/id/79900 https://shop.tifco.com/Catalog/id/79930 All together about $250.

  7. #7uffex2015-01-10 12:30

    Good day Deworley The advice that mikebramel has given you is good always best to begin at the beginning so to say, we have had a similar experience following fluid contamination may be worth a look at filters ect. Kind regards Uffex

  8. #8fackih2015-01-11 05:31

    Are there abnormal noise at pump area....?

  9. #9Deworley2015-01-13 21:04

    Still waiting on fittings for gauges. Installed new accumulator with no change. Should have fittings Friday. No abnormal noises.