Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

RFE Distribution went to $1000 minimum….

7379df ยท 2015-01-05 15:24

Just called RFE today to get some more parts ordered and found out that a new policy is in effect where you have to place $1000 minimum order. I have used these guys in the past on several parts for my machine. A few months ago I just ordered pilot control seals ect. and new packing for cylinders, it amouted to a few hundred dollars or so. Over a short period of time Im sure I would easily spend over $1000. I think smaller companies like myself help contribute to businesses like this being successful...... especially over a period of time. If I told my customers that I would no longer do work for them unless they spend $50,000 minimum I would lose a lot of work and good customers that have overtime spent $100,000 plus with us, just not all at once. I think its pretty frickin lame that big companies like this want the big accounts and try and push the smaller companies away. I wish i could do business this way... I could have my cake and eat it to !! . Just my :my2c worth. That being said does anyone know of other companies that have similar products that do not have a $1000.00 minium ? Thanks for any help.

Replies5
  1. #1Delmer2015-01-05 16:03

    What kind of products DID they sell? I'm not familiar with the place. Hercules is the big hydraulics place that I know of.

  2. #27379df2015-01-05 18:29

    They have just about everything... you might do a search for RFE. It was a great place to get OEM parts too.

  3. #3AllDodge2015-01-05 18:34

    I found them along with others. Ever think about getting a dealer login and buy from them? I buy stuff every so often some times more then others and had no issue with getting an account

  4. #4lantraxco2015-01-05 21:07

    Lots of places only want to deal with outfits that give them a bit of business each year, not the one time stuff. Usually I set up a cash tracking account, that way my info and address are in the system, they can see that I do buy from them, and look up that part I ordered back in August. Sometimes means a better discount too, can't hurt!

  5. #5gazou192015-01-06 04:20

    i just want to say hello to every one . . this is my firs post .