Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco Blade Runner

Dominion 410 ยท 2010-09-03 16:00

Hi, How do these machines seem to be? The expression "the right tool for the right job",comes to mind when I have seen them-maybe or maybe not.How do the undercarriage/final drive area's hold up? Thanks, Dominion:canada

Replies2
  1. #1GaryHoff2010-09-03 17:14

    The old expression you get what you pay for comes to mind. Less expensive for a reason. Factory undercarriage isnt very good (mostly just the rails). Final drives seem to hold up ok. Everything else seems to hold up, but you will probally just find lots of little problems.

  2. #2John C.2010-09-03 19:06

    All that I have looked at had wings on the blade that folded out to make the blade wider. The owners had pulled all the wings off because they said the wings got in the way of every operation they were trying to accomplish. I also picked up on an odd issue with the undercarriage. Basically the track pin bosses on the links are almost touching the bottom roller flanges when the machine is new. It doesn't look to take much wear before the roller flanges are being worn on by the flanges. The rest of the machine seems to be OK. Cummins engine and Kawasaki pumps and the machine are not a lot different from any Sumitomo. I don't know much about the electronics package so can't comment on that except to say you will have to have a book or training from someone that knows how to get into the diagnostics. Good Luck!