Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco cable bypass

No drama ยท 2026-04-01 06:51

Hey , has anyone bypassed a stepping motor and electronic throttle on a kobelco or other excavator using a manual cable and lever ? Heard it damages the controller . Cheers

Replies3
  1. #1Kyle Helmke2026-04-12 06:28

    A lot of the Dynamic acera kobelco machines have a back up cable throttle behind the seat in case the stepper motor fails. the book will tell you to disconnect the wires from the stepper motor

  2. #2John C.2026-04-12 21:58

    I've done a couple of Komatsu, one big Cat and a Hitachi and seen several others while doing machine inspections. The hard part is getting the measurements on the new cable just right. I use marine control cables. On the Komatsu machines I leave the stepper motor harness connector hooked up and just set the motor out of the way in the machine so it doesn't put out a code that will affect the pump control computer. Then I make a bracket to mount the cable housing on. I use the turning handle or what they call a vernier handle in the cab. There usually isn't enough room in the cabs to mount a lever. I used to get the cables custom made by Instrument Sales and Service in Kent, Washington. They moved all their operations to Portland, Oregon. (800) 333-7976

  3. #3No drama2026-04-13 17:57

    Thanks for your detailed explanation , very helpful. Ive used a mower cable !