Got a friend with one of these that he's wanting me to do some work on and sell for him. It's a 2005 with about 7000 hours. It's plumbed, will have all new rollers and a new idler, pins are about to the point they should be turned, everything else on the U/C is pretty decent. The blade has never been used and neither has the bucket, it's run a tree shear it's whole life. It is a little ruff looking and the sheet metal is dented and scraped up in places, appearance is probably a little below average, but it's a good running machine. I have looked at machinery trader and don't see one priced for less than 60k and I can't find a auction result cheaper than 45k, but there's not many that have sold. Any opinions what something like this would go for? I know what most equipment is worth, but these are such a odd model I don't know for sure. Also would like to here from anyone who's ran one just to see what you thought of it. Thanks.
are you sure it's a 150 or is it it a 180 which used the 150 upper structure
Serial number plate says it's a Ed150-1e.
A 150 is reduced tail swing (pretty much a juiced up 135) and the 180 is conventional tail swing built on the 150/160 platform like Clintm said. I rented one years ago to work a house site when I was looking for a new excavator and thought it was a great idea....it is a great idea, but it just doesn't perform like a dozer enough to replace a dozer and the blade gets in the way when being used as an excavator, plus the fold out wings on the blade are a pain to break down when it needs to be moved, the pins in the one I had needed to be pulled out with a chain to the bucket. I ended up just buying a 115 with a knock down blade and its been great for me.
I agree, I dont see the 6 way being very useful.
I used to work on lots of these. 6 way blade works good for clearing snow. Remember that its not a dozer, and will not fully replace a dozer. If its being used for lots of pushing it will wear out the undercarriage faster. Most units the pumps blew up around 8000-9000hrs. So consider that. Maybe take oil samples. Had lots of problems with leaking swivels and rads rotting out. Not too many electrical issues, mostly just the coils under the cab failed on occasion.