is kobelco affiliated with any other companies? do they just make kobelco brand excavators at the facility in georgia? and how are the kobelco excavators as far as performance?
Kobelco is an excellent machine. We have a 45sr-2 and it is a great little machine. They are part of CNH Capital whis is Case and New Holland, and the case and kobleco minis are the same machines just a diffrent color. Im not sure if the new holland minis are the same as well or not.
so are the big size case or new holland excavators the same as kobelco?
I saw a picture of a New Holland the other day and it looked exactly like a BladeRunner, I'm pretty sure Kobelco is building New Holland's larger excavators. Case is not affiliated with Kobelco, Sumitomo/Link Belt builds the Case machines, which are excellent performers.
Case and New Holland mini excavators are made by Kobelco and for all intends and purchases beyond trim are the same exact things. The New Holland full sizes are made by Kobelco and although Kobelco is part of the CNH (Case/ New Holland) conglomerate Case full size excavators and made by Sumitomo who also make Link Belts. There's a thread I started a while back on which excavators were made by which company somewhere on the board. Kobelco makes great machines from what I've heard and I'd love to try out a Bladerunner (has anyone here run one?) I'd think that there would be situations that one of those would be perfect.
Man I wanted a Blade Runner in the worst way. My budget overrode may desire though.
D'oh, I forgot about Case's minis, they are built by Kobelco as you mentioned. My mistake.
We have a Kobelco 200 Mark lV. It is a great machine and is very powerful. I've put in 8" sewer mains 19' deep with it dragging double stacked trench boxes. Pound for pound, it will out dig our Cat. 6,000 hrs and no major problems with it. We are considering purchasing another one. The only problem for us is that the closest dealer is Tracey in NY which is about 1.5 hrs away.
Weve got a kobelco SK330 high and wide. Its been a great machine. We have only replaced an AC hose in 6000 hrs. We also broke 2 linkage pins, but thats because we run a 3 .5 yd Allu SMH crusher bucket on it mounted shovelfront, no fault of the machines. We would buy another one no questions asked. Actually, if they had built a 75-80 ton machine we would have that instead of our 385.
I have a 2000? Kobelco 250 Mark4?? . This machine is big and rugged , we use it for general digging and demo. It also has a hydrualic thumb. I have also owned a 96 Kobelco 200 and was very happy with its performance. doug
I tried to make a new thread, but the forums would not let me. so I thouoght I would post my question here. I love my Kobelco, but........I have a Kobelco excavator grey market SK03. Right now it is stuck in one place. The problem is, my right side track will not move? I used the arm to lift up the left side track off the ground this tilts the machine so the track in free in the air, I use the left track control, I push forward and back, the track works just fine, I do the same thing for the right side lifting the right track so it is free in the air and using the right track control, what happens is the track will move, barely in reverse a few feet then gets stuck, if I try to move it forward, it gets suck after only a few inches. Hydraulic fluid level is fine. All other machine hydraulic functions work fine. Any ideas on what my problem might be? Thank you.
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums!!:drinkup Are you hearing any different noises from the bad track? I upgraded your account so you're ok to post now.
no different noises then usual. thanks for the upgrade, i will start a new thread.
NEWBEE /KOBELCO SK120-2 Gray mACHINE Hi All, A newbee here and would like you all's opinion on a Gray market machine, a Kobelco SK120-2 S/N:lp-11413 that I would like to purchase for use on the farm. A friend of mine said that I might have a hard time getting the service,parts manual. The hometown dealer told me that he can get me a manual and a parts list and I can also order the parts and he can order them for me if I needed any parts. He has been in the business for a while and I have heard a lot of good things about his used heavy equipment business. I just hate to sink in a ton of money and I will be stuck with an excavator that is broke and i can not have parts to fix it. I also would like to start a new thread but it would not let me. All assist greatly appreciated. Thank You for a great site......... William SC, USA:usa
gray market I Have Bought Grey Market Cat,s And Never Had A Problem Getting Parts From M Y Cat Dealer. He Would Tell Me They Might Not Fit But They Always Did. I Have Bought E-70,s And E200b Track Hoes. I Just BOUGHT ANOTHER ONE One This Spring To Use On My Farm.
I do know kobelco makes the smaller manitowoc cranes, not to sure on the excavators though.
Welcome to HEF OrlokFarms! :drinkup
Thank You Thank You Country Boy!!!:usa I see I am just next to the border from you. Thank's again. Great Thread.....:usa
As far as I know Kobelco is Japan based (originated in the port city of Kobe and started out in steel manufacture) conglomerate that does a whole heap of stuff. Excavators and cranes are part of their business, they even have Kobelco land somewhere in Japan, a theme park based on what Kobelco do. They also dabble in real estate and loads of other stuff along those lines. They do have agreements with other manufacturers to re-badge Kobelco machines. Kobelco machines tend to specialize in confined area work and they seem to pack a fair punch in a little package. Parts are available from any Kobelco dealer for just about any machine they made but it may take a while to ship from Japan. I was after some dust boots for my SK005 (grey market) and they wanted 60 bucks each for them, I will try and find another alternative, such as after market automotive gear boot. A track that moves partially usually has some crap in the tracks that won't allow the track to go over the sprocket or idler. Bigger machines have more powerful hydraulics that don't share this problem.
Here is the link to the thread link. The reason why the track jammed was I grenaded the drive motor.
Oohhh nasty, did you get it working right in the end?
I too am new and wanted to start a thread regarding a Kobelco. Hope you dont mind me asking the q here.. We have an SK135SR. It has a CPU problem. Screen has all sorts of error messages on and until it warms up the wipers go and in general just has some sort of fit! Once warmed up it is fine. I dont know whats caused this - it hasnt got wet, hasnt been jump started. We have been advised to replace the comuter, but machine has only done 3000hours and I am concerned that whatever made this problem happen could make it reoccur. I actually wonder if the computer can be rebooted? Anyone have any suggestions? BTW it is owner/operated and really looked after.
Can't really say for sure but if you have electrical faults apart from the computer, it may be a relay problem. Relays can be susceptible to heat and cold. Perhaps check the voltage coming out of the alternator. How long since the alternator was overhauled? Not sure how to reboot a ex computer, guess you disconnect the battery but if it has a back up battery in the computer? We had a similar thing in a tractor gauge cluster fitted to a JD 8450, every know and then the cluster would go stupid and the way to get it back to normal was to slam the door once or twice, I think we eventually traced it back to a drop in voltage. I would be questioning the willy nilly replacing of computers, they usually tend to work 100% or not at all. Unless the machine was designed for council work only, perhaps that's why it doesn't like to work when it is cold first thing in the morning. However any more info you could supply might help, does it do it whenever it is cold or only first thing in the morning?
Thanks so much for taking time to talk to me Hendrik. Much appreciated. We are on other jobs at the moment and havent got back to the Kobelco - its on a job (well, parked up) on the other side of the farm. Should get back to the problem sometime this week. Quite obvious, what you said, about disconecting the battery. I will try that first. To answer your question - the problem occurs whenever cold. In the morning, after stopping for smoko etc. I can hear a 'ticking' noise under the seat somewhere. And when the problem is at its worst the hydraulic hoses to the hitch/tilt vibrate like buggery! I will post as soon as Ive finished the job I am on and have tried disconnecting battery on digger. Cheers. Ash.
We had a Kobelco SK 135 with 600 hours on it. Was not impressed with the machine, blew blue smoke even in warmer weather for 5 minutes upon startup, machine was a bit jerky. Then it developed a problem with the Key Switch wiring. Everytime you turned the key to on, it would pop the Key Fuse. Turned out to be an inline Diode in the main wiring harness behind the seat next to the computer...had to tear the entire cab out to get at it...pretty common thing to happen on thse machines...got good tech support from the local dealer in NH. I have a Cat 314. The Cat put the SK135 to shame. Just my .02.
I just purchased a 1985 kobelco 907clc that needs new sprockets (i knew this before i got it) and thought I had a supplier lined up for some after market ones. They turned out to be the wrong ones, and now I am having a nightmare finding the right ones. Anyone have any ideas ?? The part number is 2404N182C3..... Sorry for placing it in this thread but I am a newby and I can't start a new one yet ..
I have used CAT, Kobelco, and CASE 240(long sticks) on the same job for same purposes. The CAT had over 4000 hours the other two had under 1500hours. The CAT was twice the machine the other two could ever try to be. CASE and Kobelco couldn,t even pick up a over full bucket of mudd up close. With the CAT it was Come, $hiate, or bleed. Now these were Long Sticks,:beatsme
I run a 2004 Kobelco gray market SK200 and I love it, great machine I will take it over our Cat or Komatsu any day. I think it is sitting at about 4000hrs right now...give or take a few 100hrs. We haven't had any major problems with it...in fact I don't think we have had any problems with it, other than just keeping up on routine maintenance.
hi STABBER, 2404N182C3 for aftermarket undercarriage try TTP -> TORONTO TRACTOR PARTS kevin @ 905-671-3939 ONTARIO, CANADA BRANCH IN BC, CANADA
hi kiwifarmer, 135sr kobelco i suggest to check all your ground locations. remove the ground connector, sand so it can be reattached metal to metal. do all grounds in cab and under. also advise your serial number and cpu version you may require an update to rid certain glitches. if you provide a fax number i can send a page outlining all your ground points. if this was a computer issue the problem would happen with turning key on and not go away. usually the computer would have to warm up to begin acting up, not the reverse.
Great thread! MR. KOBLECO, I just sent you a PM. :notworthy
i want to buy kobelco sk300 lc mark IV what do you people think
i have 2 kobelco sk300's both with over 15000hrs and the service from these machines has been incredible and in fact if you can find a good one i would take a 300mark4 over the new 330 and 350 anyday
We just bought a Fiat-Kobelco E215LC-6 and it looks exactly like a Kobelco SK210 or 200! I had to get a AC control panel for it and the guy at the dealer said that the part was common for New Holland and Kobelco. So i guess they shares loads of common parts. As far as i can tell they seem to have the same electronics, hydraulics, pumps etc. If it was painted blue nobody could tell teh difference. Biggest difference is the engine, its a Cummins 6 cylinder turbo wheras the Kobelcos have a Mitsubishi unit. I'm having some problems with the hydraulics, so might need some help soon!
fiat-kobelco e215-6 yes, there are alot of similarities. i can see what i can offer for help. looking forward to the challenge. cheers!
I know this is a very old thread but I’ll try anyway I have the similar issue with my kobelco sk135 blowing the key fuse anytime I turn the key switch to ON. Can someone identify exactly where this diode is located that “BIGJOE” was speaking of? Thanks
I’ve located 5 diodes behind the ECU and all checked out good. I also checked inside the battery relay, there is a diode there that gave a resistance value of 152 in both directions. So I guess that this diode is bad. Would this cause the fuse to blow when the key switch is turned ON? There is another issue that maybe related, sometimes the engine does not switch off with the key. I’m going to replace the key switch to see if that’s the problem because it feels sort of loose with the key.
Kobelco is no longer assembled by CNH they parted ways after some quality issues with the mark 9 excavators with the FPT engine around 2012. Kobelco has a manufacturing plant in Moore SC where they make the 85 up to the SK500. As far as the minis are concerned SK55 and below they are the same as a yanmar mini but I'm not sure who makes which one.