One of the local contractors just got a new Hitachi in yesterday. I'm not sure about those No tail swing hoes. Another outfit here bought one last year and sent it back because it was to tippy. I think they do have their place though. The last pic is just the view from work today.:thumbsup
I have only seen one 225 ZTS Utility machine they are funny looking to say the least. The 158 Komatsu I got to run time to time I didn't like the zero tail swing I would rather have a counterweight to provide stability. When you buy a 225 sized machine your doing some decent digging or lifting I can't see a zero tailswing in that size being usefull.
We have 2 ZTS machines, and 8 ton and a 3 ton. In that size ZTS is great. I can't say that I feel like they are comprimised without a counterwieght, but both macines have a blade so that helps with heavy lifting for stability. I spoke with a guy who has a 135and a 225 LCR JD. He says once you get used to the ZTS it's tough to go back. Nice pics Lash (as usual):thumbsup
I have spent some time in a CASE 225 zero swing. I found it very stable. I currently have a 9020B and getting used to the "tail" is difficult. It is nice being able to get in anywhere and not have to worry about the tail of the machine. Not all ZTS machines are the built the same, I found the Sumitomo machine very stable even with a large bucket and thumb on it.
Looks tidy. Nice pics and beautiful scenery. Ross
Ive run the 328/321/314 cats and they were all very stable... until you added the thumb and pin grabber. On a 320 size machin those attachments will at another 1700 lbs out ther, AND move the bucket farther from the machine. A wedgelock coupler would be better than the hydro pingrabber style as far as weight and geometry, and a no link two tine thumb would also help in weight.
The Boom Foot is located further back than a ZX200LC. (look at the side view) I cannot recall the counterwieght wieght but it is way more heavier than a standard excavator. It is also solid. The overall wieght of the machine is more than a ZX200LC. This machine is an LC some are not. Kenal
ZTS is a MUST here, no room to really swing, more and more guys are getting them.... Great pics btw!!!!:notworthy
Great looking machine! And good choice on buckets, QC, and thumb too! Blake WA
Zts is great in tight areas, and they suck everywhere else!!