Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco KPSS

cr506 ยท 2019-04-08 09:19

Machine was working fine when I shut it down. I did forget to disconnect the batteries as I usually do since something drains them when the machine is off. Will low batteries cause a KPSS Disengaged message? I have never seen this message before. Toggle switch is in the correct down position. The machine usually starts instantly. Not even a click or anything now. Just a few beeps in the cab and the KPSS message. It should be noted that when I got the machine, only a few months ago, the ignition switch in it was bad and I replaced it. For whatever reason the machine does not shut off when the key is off. I have to climb up and lift the engine cover and manually hold the fuel cutoff for it to die. The cable in the cab is froze up. The stepper motor is loosely bolted up and I am certain the "A" adjustment hasn't been set properly. I have check plugs and fuses, etc. Any help is appreciated. I've searched all the forum postings regarding KPSS and didn't see a posting that seemed to be similar to my issue.

Replies5
  1. #1Kobelco ireland2019-04-08 09:41

    What year and model is the machine. If the batteries are low in the machine (below 18 volts) the controller automatically shuts down and will on older machines bring up kpss fault. The A adjustment is different on different model machines so let me know what year and model it is

  2. #2cr5062019-04-08 09:44

    It's a 2002 sk330lc. Batteries are definitely low. If that's the problem it will be a huge relief.

  3. #3Kobelco ireland2019-04-08 10:03

    First thing to do is get new batteries in it and then figure out why it's draining batteries. That machine should have a build in electronic battery isolation switch so there should not be any draw on batteries unless its bypassed or something after market has been wired directly to the batteries. I can talk you through the A adjustment but first tighten up stepping motor and make sure the two ball joints on throttle arm arm not seized

  4. #4cr5062019-04-08 10:07

    I'll do those things and then reply back to this message. Thank you for your help.

  5. #5Kobelco ireland2019-04-08 10:09

    No bother your welcome