Hi all, I'm new to this forum and recently acquired an early 1990s Kobelco LK1150 front end loader with a cummins turbo 6 engine. Motor runs excellent but I am nervous about a few leaks I noticed. One of which was a leak coming from the transmission bell housing area, directly from where the small opening is in the bottom of the bell housing to access the torque converter bolts. I'm not sure where the leak is coming from but any ideas will help. Any idea where i can get parts for this machine. Online searching and forum surfing isn't proving successful. The steering pistons are weeping a bit. Is it terribly involved to repack these? Are there re-packing kits available anywhere? Also, what kind of fluid should I use in the transmission and the hydraulic system? Does it require anything special or will UHD tractor fluid work ok? Thanks for any input.
Artisangrill, I can't answer your questions specifically. But, if the leaks are not getting worse, and you can replenish the fluids, run the machine. Re the trans fluid, what brand of transmission is it? That could help answer the question of what fluid to use.
Hey Jim D, The transmission is a Shinko Engineering unit. Model # CM400-B3, specifically. I did try reaching out to Shinko directly but I wasn't able to get much from their outside sales person, I think there was a language barrier and the translation wasn't working too well. thx again!
I should also note its a powershift with 2 forward gears and one reverse gear
Any idea what the serial number was of this machine and did you sell it