Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hough H 60

PAS ยท 2015-10-27 08:22

Hi Guys, I have a hough h60 I been working on most of the summer. I got everything reconditioned on and almost ready to go. I knew it needed a front shaft carrier bearing thought I would do that last. My problem lies I called the Komatsu dealer and he states he has to know if it's a h60 a to h to get me the right part. I have no idea how to tell. I have to get it up and running. It's dedicated out for snow removal and contract been signed. The Machine has to be on premise

Replies7
  1. #1kshansen2015-10-27 09:33

    By "front shaft carrier bearing" are your referring to the bearing for the front drive-shaft just ahead of the center pins of the machine. I'm assuming this is an articulated machine? If so I would try taking the old one to a good bearing supply house. Very good chance it is a standard size bearing. I know some of the larger Hough/Dressers used standard four bolt flange bearings in that location. One place to check: www.applied.com/ Where I worked we dealt with the Syracuse store, they also have a branch in Roch. Not familiar with Geneva that much maybe some one right in town for you. If you take it off and clean it up you might find some numbers on it. Also post a picture or two and someone might be able to point you in the right direction.

  2. #2PAS2015-10-27 10:11

    That attachment you sent looks just like if, I will be heading for allied shortly with old parts. As always thanks for your help.

  3. #3PAS2015-10-27 16:41

    Applied had some there but wrong shaft size. Somebody painted it cleaned and found part#. The parts in Kentucky and will be here in 3 days. Good deal

  4. #4kshansen2015-10-27 18:21

    Well don't think we will see snow before then so you should be good to go!

  5. #5Jim D2015-10-28 01:45

    kshansen, that's a good point. Those four bolt square (and round) frame self-aligning bearings are just off-the-shelf parts. It's a good thing to know that they are available from bearing suppliers.

  6. #6PAS2015-10-28 07:54

    Ya the guy I bought it from told me I could get it off the shelf. I could not find it and komatsu dealer was not much help. I took the bearing to applied as suggested by Kshansen they had it handled in 5 min.

  7. #7PAS2015-11-01 07:44

    Got the bearing Friday, Pressed out easy and went back together with ease. Installed shaft good to go. I'm going to change all fluids and it will be going to work.