Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco manual dilemma

cheyenne ยท 2014-08-13 00:29

I have a Kobelco SK045 & here's my dilemma...:beatsme....I have been told many times the only difference between the Grey Market Machines & the Machines for the U.S. Market are the safety features....:usa:...Is this true & if so wouldn't the service & parts manuals be the same for either Machine:... ...I have also been told the part No. for either machine are the same...:notworthy...$500 for Grey Market manual & $35 for U.S. Manual...:Banghead......Cheyenne

Replies10
  1. #1finaldrive2014-08-14 14:09

    What's the machine serial number? Which manual are you looking for?

  2. #2cheyenne2014-08-14 20:46

    The serial No. is PY02469 & I need any available manuals........Cheyenne .

  3. #3finaldrive2014-08-15 08:56

    Are you sure it is "PY" and not "PV" ?? PV02469 would make sense. That would make it a 1990 SK024 The online parts lookup is available for "PV" serial number. http://partstore.cnhexcavators.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::model_find

  4. #4cheyenne2014-08-15 09:50

    I'm positive that is the correct serial No. PY 02469 Do you have the ability to cross reference grey market machines....Cheyenne

  5. #5finaldrive2014-08-15 10:06

    I have a JCE book. Japanese Construction Equipment guide. It is exactly what we use to decipher grey market machines. I see no PY prefix anywhere for Kobelco. USA guide is the same. No "PY" prefix. I also looked at auction results for SK024 and all were PV prefix. Is the serial number stamped on the frame or on a tag?

  6. #6cheyenne2014-08-20 21:11

    It is on a riveted tag on the front of the machine..........Cheyenne

  7. #7cheyenne2014-08-21 12:38

    Is there another place on the Machine where there might be a serial No. Where would it be stamped on the frame ????......Just too double check...........Cheyenne

  8. #8dirthog2014-08-21 13:49

    The numbers from Kobelco USA shows a SK45 with a PY06 and up also PJ2 and 3 there is no PV.

  9. #9cheyenne2014-08-21 14:01

    Just to clarify it's a Kobelco SK045 Coupe...........Cheyenne

  10. #10cheyenne2014-08-21 16:02

    I have a Kobelco New Mini Series, Serviceman Handbook and on the cover it states, SK045 py-02001-