So I am considering this machine: Md140blc Kobelco excavator 30000lb weight 1985 100hp Mitsubishi diesel Recent work New final drives New track groups New sprockets Rebuilt main pump Paint is rough $30,000 CAN I can't find any specs on Ritchie Specs. Other than I feel the price is high for that age of machine how would parts availability be for that age of machine? Thanks for any input. Dave.
30 year old machine? I'm betting lots of parts will be obsolete NLA, but hey it will probably still do a days work. Sounds like they might have dumped $20K into it.
Sounds way high for year you never recoup all money on wear parts, I have a case 9010 with 7200 hrs about same size machine that im thinking of upgrading and thinking around the 22,000 range will be tops, just finishing head gasket new rails and rollers and doing all pins and bushings in end of stick and quick attach.
Thanks for the replies guys. I have spent a good amount of time researching excavators, talking to owners and operators, digging out the good, the bad, and the ugly. There have been some real lessons and eye opening moments but the best info has come from the guys that run the machines. I have plenty of hours on Ag machinery and a few hours on a D6C Cat and 4 days on a JD 50D...thus the beginning of my excavator "addiction". In the middle of the Alberta oil patch so have 8 different friends that either own their own excavator(s) or operate them for a living. The 50D was fun but too small for my intended purposes. Perhaps a newbies first impression but DAMN...a lot of those must end up on their sides??? I would like to get an excavator in the 20 - 30 thousand pound range, once I haul it to my farm it won't leave again except possibly for repairs. A 50% undercarriage will very likely last me the rest of my life. So that is why I was considering the MD Kobelco 140 blc but my biggest concern is parts availability. In my experience ALL machinery breaks...regardless of brand...so parts are a must. rsaint - your Case sounds like it is the right weight range. Consider giving me a buzz if you do decide to sell it and I might pop over with a friend that owns Case equipment for a test drive. Dave
Will do just waiting for new pins sent out to get hardend im in Whitecourt it also has a Mechanical thumb on it.
Thanks, the thumb was on my list of questions. Pins at Kammec? I am just south of you. Dave
No Dynamic in Nisku they can harden and grind pins back to oem.