Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco shoes loose…

Blackbird345 ยท 2013-04-07 10:53

I'm very new to heavy equipment. I'm looking to purchase a 1999 Kobelco 300SK and the shoes on the tracks are loose and can move up and down about an inch in either direction....is this normal? All other excavators I've seen have the shoes solid with no play at all...any help would be appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1uffex2013-04-07 11:19

    Good day Blackbird What you describe could be link - bush movement which means the chains are worn out. If the movement appears to be between the shoe and the chain means that the hardware is stretched and the holes are elongated. This also means new chains and shoes to resolve the problem. If you need more information email [email protected] . Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2buckfever2013-04-07 19:01

    If it is just the shoe loose from the link I would just buy new bolts and bolt them back down. I don't think 1" of play in the bushing is too bad. Just keep an eye on them and put it to work.