Hi All, first time to post..long time fan.. So i was working my SK 120 earlier to-day leveling gravel for a horse arena and stopped to talk with one of the guys..Got back into the machine started up the engine and threw down the safety lever and nothing happens..Engine is running --only thing that will work is change from manual to AUTO IDLE..thats it..been working this machine solid the last 2 weeks...no issues of any kind...own it for 7yrs ...use it on my farm..no problems with electrics or anything like that ...apart from 2 burst pipes in 7yrs and regular service..very reliable..very fast and powerful..LCD screen is working intermittently..and of course not at the min...but there are no warning beepers sounding... I assume that the problem is with the safety circuit..i have located electric limit switch under safety lever and pressed manually...no change.. I am not a plant mechanic or electrician..so i am at a loss...i am going to go back to the machine and try and trace the wiring loom from the safety lever back... What sort of reading should be at the safety switch.(i have a multimeter) Any HELP would be greatly appreciated as i took on this job and the pressure is on..there are trucks delivering gravel right now and digger is stuck in the middle with the boom up in the air.. IF anyone had a similar problem could they give me some advise..THANKS in Advance..
Did you ever figure this out? My SK120 just did the same thing. I can still track so I think the safety switch is good but maybe it's running to a solenoid somewhere. The manual doesn't describe how the lock out works and I'm new to working on excavators.
Hi, At that time the safety solenoid was the problem. It is located under the cab with a panel covering it..just under the cab door.. Your problem sounds different. The safety lever stops all hydraulics working but you have tracks working..perhaps someone else on here can help..good luck with it
I got it figured thanks. There was a push connection immediately under the cab where it penetrates the floor that had come undone. It was really hard to notice at first as its in a weird spot but It got me running. On to the next issue lol. My tracking pedals are physically locked out by the safety lever so that's why I still had tracking on my model if it helps anyone in the future.