Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco sk035 Mini Ex

Jodie Williams ยท 2021-09-07 10:51

First of all, How do I know if i have a sk035-1 or sk035-2? Second I replaced my seals in the main boom cylinder. The boom lifted once, then when I let the boom down it never lifted again. I see it jerk when I actuate it up or down but no force. All other hydraulics work fine?

Replies3
  1. #1mikeodgalway2021-09-07 16:15

    You could have air in boom cylinder press the pressure relief valve on the hydraulic tank and start her up again then try it . I could be wrong but worth a try

  2. #2dirthog2021-09-08 11:07

    SK035-2 starts at PX02101 second thing there is NO relief valve on the hydraulic tank. You had better pull the cylinder back apart as it sounds like the seals were cut.

  3. #3Jodie Williams2021-09-09 10:57

    Ok I pulled the cylinder back apart and what happened is I galled the threads between the piston and the piston rod, and it popped off internally. For a temporary fix, I welded the piston nut to the piston rod with good penetration. I tested it out by digging a deep trench to make sure the welds can handle the pressures of digging. So far it has worked very well!!! In the mean time I am looking for a replacement boom cylinder if anyone here has or knows where to get one, please let me know.... My mini ex is a 1995 Kobelce sk035 PX01991 Thanks!