1999, 7577 hours, ser. no.ypu 2345. When I pulled the dipstick out of the swing motor it was dry, so I filled it, left for about an hour, and when I came back the oil was spread nicely across my shop floor. It looks to have leaked out through the slewing gear inspection plate that I had removed earlier. Has anyone ever had this problem, or is it just my luck as usual? Thanks!
It's happend before, your going to lift the swing reduction unit out and replace the seal on the pinion shaft.
Thanks for the info grandkobelco. I'm going to remove it today.
Good day Sir I suggest you take a close inspection of the lower transmission bearing as well as measuring the swing bearing axial play. Sometimes a little time spent finding the root cause can save double trouble. Kind regards Uffex
I'm not sure how cold it gets at your local,or if your machine has one ,but on my 311 Cat the rubber boot ripped that seals around the outside of motor it then unbenounced to me filled with water when the temp dropped it froze up I freed up the swing by slowly working the house .It did free up but the ice tore up the seal.