Hello I have a kobelco sk200sr it's a 2003. I want to replace the a/c compressor. The current one is hanging in there with one bolt broken off in the mount. The mechanics say the only way for me to fix this is to take the countweight off so they can get in there to fix the broken bolt. I'm having huge issues finding information on the "eye rings"/countweight lift tool. How exactly does it work? Can anyone assist/inform me in what's involved in taking this counterweight off.
You can skin this cat one of a couple ways. If it's like any other CW I've dealt with you can get it off with a forklift if you have one that's big enough, bolts usually go in from the bottom and it sits on a couple legs. It won't just crash to the ground. As far as rigging to lift it off if you can figure out what size thread the lifting eyes are you can then see if the local rigging place has them or by chance a machine tool dealer as they use them often in lifting lathes, mills etc. Worst case if you find bolts that fit get the torch out and make some lifting lugs. Just size material accordingly to the weight you're dealing with. I would guess that size machine would have a weight around 7,500 #'s. It doesn't have to be any super fancy dealer rigging unless they do something super trick to mount theirs. Junkyard