Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case carnage

Big C ยท 2017-05-07 19:29

I have a case cx210b. Have changed both fuel filters. It still loses power under load and shows check engine with code 0087. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies3
  1. #1tbone14712017-05-07 20:36

    I am currently having the same problem. I have looked the code up and it is a lack of fuel pressure code. Manual says no pump pressure, fuel line clog, wiring issue, injector issue, supply pump, common rail sensor, or pressure limiter defect. So far I have changed the fuel filters and I did find what appears to be a supply hose coming apart. Haven't had time to change it yet to see what happens. Does your electric lift pump come on? On some models there is a screen in 1 of the banjo fittings. Could be clogged. Have you checked to see that you have good volume from the lift pump if it is turning on?

  2. #2Tones2017-05-07 21:05

    I'm not familiar with the Case 210 but I have a had similiar problem with a JD engine loosing power. The fuel rail pressure sensor is mounted on the underside of the rail and it had crud in it from biofuel. And no I don't buy biofuel. Anyway I changed the sensor and it's all good again. Look for very fine black specks or clear jelly stuff in the fuel that comes out of the rail.

  3. #3GaryHoff2017-05-08 00:14

    Check your electric fuel pump. The bottom will twist off, and there is a screen in there.