Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco SK210H LC-10 Hybrid!?

Tyler Cohrs · 2024-11-07 20:03

First off is anyone familiar with a machine like this? 2021 year Hybrid! Definitely not many of these around our area or even listed for sale online. So far really like everything about this excavator, super smooth to run. I am having an issue with the batteries going dead if it sits for about 2 weeks or so. If I make sure to disconnect the batteries while it's sitting, I never have an issue then. Does anyone know why this machine does not have a master disconnect switch on it? Or if there is one where might it be hiding? Thanks!

Replies13
  1. #1Phantom9702024-11-08 04:13

    So I guess there isn’t one inside the LHS side panel in front of the radiator under a rubber flap?? One would assume it’s not far from the batteries

  2. #2Lagwagon2024-11-08 05:52

    I have a 2024 SK210-10 which isn’t a hybrid but is the same platform, the only difference I’m aware of is the electric swing motor. My battery disconnect is on a panel above the batteries. The N/American models look like they have a box over the disconnect which mine does not. My battery doesn’t drain a bit, regardless of whether my batteries are turned on or off. It might be something to do with the electrical setup of the swing system. Interesting you say it’s super smooth, mine isn’t, well whilst multi-functioning anyway.

  3. #3Phantom9702024-11-08 08:00

    I must also say I run a couple of hybrids (Komatsu) and the batteries have nothing to do with the hybrid part. You have a serious power drain in the machine somewhere. maybe one battery is collapsing and drawing out of the other. A power drain can be a hassle to find. Mine can sit for weeks or months like any other machine and still fire up. I never turn the isolators off.

  4. #4Tyler Cohrs2024-11-08 11:28

    Here is the battery compartment. Ive looked all over for a disconnect switch. Every piece of construction equipment Ive ever owned has had one. Unless for some reason being a Hybrid model they don't want to power being completely killed...

  5. #5Phantom9702024-11-08 16:40

    Well Tyler it looks like you need to fit one on that vertical metal panel where those leads go in, or get the battery terminal clamps with the in built switch. But that still doesn’t fix your power drain. When you jump start it do you use 12 volt or 24? Useing 12 is a primitive way of determining that one battery is dead or down on power and not the other Or pull them and get a sparky to load test

  6. #6Tyler Cohrs2024-11-08 21:26

    When its been dead Ive just separated the batteries and charged them with individual chargers.

  7. #7LACHAU2024-11-10 10:40
  8. #8LACHAU2024-11-10 10:59
  9. #9Tyler Cohrs2024-11-10 13:18

    Nice! Im going to take a look inside there now. Would be kinda odd they would make you take that box apart every time you want to access the switch...

  10. #10Tyler Cohrs2024-11-10 13:34

    Pulled the cover off but didn't find an actual switch inside. I think Im going to load test each battery individually and make sure one isn't pulling the other down...

  11. #11Tyler Cohrs2024-11-10 13:35

    Cover removed...

  12. #12LACHAU2024-11-11 00:19

    Maybe Kobelco forgot to install that switch!!! Kobelco hybrid excavator SK210 has 02 models: SK210HLC-9 and SK210HLC-10. Model SK210HLC-9 doesn't have a battery disconnect switch!! Could you tell us the diesel engine model installed on your machine? SK210HLC-9 ==> Hino J05E-TJ. SK210HLC-10 ==> Hino J05E-VA

  13. #1389226592024-11-16 19:23

    I pm you my number .