Hi all, New on here so sorry if this has been covered before. I need to fit a beacon to a Komatsu PC138US-8 to indicate that the operator is wearing the seat belt. I can see that there is a wiring harness on the anchor point of the belt but I've no idea where it goes to make the connection for the beacon. Any help greatly appreciated.
Komatsu has a kit to do what you are asking, unfortunately the kit cover does not go back to the -8's. Kit is for -10's and -11's. Will PM you the kit information. Suppose you could install a relay couple of relays and use existing seat belt switch. Take a look at the information and see if it sparks a few ideas.
Thanks for the reply. Sorry, I can't see any attachment? However, I don't think I need a kit or relays. The machine is already wired from new with a seat belt anchor and cable which goes into the main wiring harness at the floor of the cab. My problem is finding where it goes from there. I've checked the roof internally (behind the radio speakers) and externally where the amber beacon and rear work light are located but no sign of any other cables. I know the seat belt wires are original by how they are integrated into the main loom but just need to find the other end of them.
Sorry, I've just found your attachment. Very informative and clear to follow. I'll start removing some more panels as per the guidance and see if I can locate the elusive cable. Many thanks.