Machine is equipped with a blade and thumb. Just curious what the real weight of this machine is. I have a new 3 axle 25 ton tag trailer and I curious if the trailer would handle it. It would be all off-road on private logging roads.
That's gotta be at least 23 tons plus the thumb and the blade. I would think you're gonna tear up that trailer running on rough logging roads with it loaded to the max all the time. It's going to twist and flex a lot I would imagine and can't see it lasting...now that's just my opinion, many others have a better idea what the machine actually weighs and what a 25 ton trailer will actually handle.
23.8 ton machine, I wager you're gonna work that trailer to the max, not something I would want to do, especially on private/logging roads.
For your reference. Good luck.
Going to have way more than 56,000 add at least another 1000 to 1200 for the thumb and I would think minimum 4-4500 for the blade.
Yes I figure it must weigh around 30 ton as is. It also has a q/c so I can take the bucket off which would help a little. The trailer I have is a brand new Kaufman 25t with 3 axles. It is rated for a 25t payload. So I know i'm over, the question is will the trailer hold up. It would be short moves(3-5 miles) at a time and slow. Very slow lol. I don't have a good feeling about it so most likely will not attempt, but figured i'd reach out here. I'm sure someone has hauled something heavier on a 25t.
Well look at it this was how much money do you have to waste IF the trailer breaks and the machine falls off the side or it smashes into the back of your truck and pulls you over a bank someplace?
If the trailer has real 17.5 trailer tires or even the good 14 ply 16 inch tires (duals, of course) then I wouldn’t be scared to give it a try once or twice. You have air brakes, right? Be sure your Pintle hitch is the best available, and put plenty of weight on your dump truck. It’s not the ideal setup, but it might save bringing in an RGN if you’re just jumping around the corner to the next job site. A lot more manuevaerable, too.
It’ll be right. That’s a legal load rating of the trailer not what physics would allow. Vertical load on hook point would be all I would think about. Bartlett ball style would be best imo.
Short moves on private roads? Walk it.
Very very short walks............, Kobelco’s have a terrible final drive with that tiny sun gear on a tiny spline..............
I've had 26kg on my 25 ton tag for total weight of 33kg, no problem at all it is tagged at 29kg though. Not legal, but the trailer will handle it all day long. Axles and suspension are rated for 10kg each. That short of move i'd go slow and wouldn't worry about it at all, as long as the hitch on the truck is good for it. The trailers are rated for weight they can haul 100% of the time and still stand up to being abused, a careful short move of more weight isn't going to do any harm.
You know... there is a trailer coming up on Purple Wave Auctions in Kansas that might be perfect. IF you didn't have to turn much
They do? We’ve had a few with almost 20k shovel logging that might say different.
Don't even think you'd get it on the trailer before every single tire blew.....