Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What is this? (Takeuchi TB25/TB250?)

Earth Worm Jim · 2019-10-15 17:49

I recently acquired an older Takeuchi?Mini Ex. My best guess (based on the serial # on the engine)is that it is a 1984 model. Its in pretty decent shape other than paint and seat, but it still needs a little love. To be honest im a bit confused as to what it actaully is. The counterweight says job-ace but the tag says takeuchi, and if i google tb250 it always pulls up the new ones. I have seen a few pictures of machines like mine but no usefull information. I think the job-ace is the euro version or it was pre takeuchi. Im wondering if anyone has a service/parts manual for this dude so i can have fluid, filter, and other standard maintanence information. Any help would be much appreciated.

Replies28
  1. #1Jeremy LeBreton2020-09-21 23:33

    Jim did you have any luck getting any details on this piece of equipment. In the twelfth hour of buying the same piece of equipment

  2. #2uffex2020-09-22 04:03

    Good day A contact posted this to me some time ago it looks similare may help , if not try an appeal to "Toolking" Kind regards Uffex

  3. #3Jeremy LeBreton2020-09-22 09:51

    Uffex, awesome, it worked. seems you had your rig for at least 1 year. while it looked super clean, how has it performed? have you put a lot of hours on it?

  4. #4uffex2020-09-22 09:56

    Good day Jeremy From time to time we help out those in the world trying to fix there machines during one such instance the fellow posted the information to me , real pleased if it helps out. Keep smiling Uffex

  5. #5Jeremy LeBreton2020-09-22 10:12

    i found another thread where they as that the TBxxx unit were good but stay away from models TBOXXX see number plate attached what model do you have and thanks for hte help

  6. #6tool_king2020-09-22 23:29

    That looks like real clean machine .I will take a look in my files and if I have books on it to send you .

  7. #7calinb2021-08-21 03:19

    I just got this old TB25. It's not so clean so I could really use any books or .pdf manuals. On the other hand, I only paid $4k for it. Like the OP, it took me awhile to figure out that although the data plate says "TB250", most people refer to it as "TB25", like the decal on it says, to differentiate it from newer and completely different TB250s. My data plate: Takeuchi TB250 Serial number ppp00921d 3T84HLE-TBS Engine # A5764 Working rate 2.5 ton It's a smoker but the smoke isn't so bad once it warms up. The ring blow-by that's going out the crankcase breather hose is worse! I've got a makeshift air / oil separator on the breather hose to catch the oil, but it's going to need a top-end overhaul soon (at least). Anybody have recommendations for parts? I'd rather not buy Chinese but Yanmar parts might be out of sight expensive. I read somewhere that John Deere used this engine too. The Hobbs meter says 3200-something hours and it's still recording time and looks original so maybe correct and no need to do bottom end work. It's my first piece of equipment but I've spend a lifetime of my spare time overhauling cars, motorcycles, pickup trucks and airplanes (and build a homebuilt airplane too) so now I've bought an old smoker and joined this forum to broaden my horizons. I took the stick cylinder to a shop to have it re-sealed. It was pumping fluid overboard. The other cylinders seems to be pretty good with only minor wetness, at worst. Next time I'll attempt the cylinder tear down myself, but I wanted to get up and running with it ASAP so I gave the local shop $350 (yikes). It has a USA Attachments thumb on it. It took me a while to grasp how to make it grasp! (Diverter control toggle lever is next to the travel speed left foot heel pedal and then right foot left/right boom swing pedal controls the thumb.) The only control I don't understand is a momentary pushbutton switch on the top of the right (bucket/dipper stick) stick. It looks like an add-on. Oh well--can't be too important. I got the rest of the controls figured out. I apologize if the terms I'm using here aren't quite correct. I'm just learning. Thanks for any advice or tips. I'll need 'em! Here's a pre-purchase photo at the seller's place. -Cal

  8. #8tool_king2021-08-21 09:53

    What's your email address ? I can send you the manuals.

  9. #9calinb2021-08-21 12:29

    PM sent. Thank you very much!

  10. #103125777sb2021-09-02 19:07

    Hi Tool King My name is Sean, I’m from Ireland I was hoping you could help me find a manual for our TB 125. Thank You. [email protected]

  11. #11jhonygee2021-09-03 10:50

    Hello, most of the Takeuchi mini excavators use a Yanmar engine. If you know your engine number I can help you. I have many Yanmar engine catalogs .

  12. #12Travis Marsh2022-08-23 20:08

    Do Do you happen to know where a stamped serial number is on the machine?

  13. #13tool_king2022-08-23 20:41

    Should be stamped right behind the boom base pin .

  14. #14Travis Marsh2022-08-23 20:44

    I’ll sand the paint off and look. My tag is MIA. But it’s similar to yours

  15. #15Alan1*2023-01-16 10:06

    The momentary button on the right joystick is the horn.

  16. #16Elalonde2023-12-27 11:28

    I know this is ancient but could you please send me the manual on this?

  17. #17Hojo Enterprises.2023-12-27 15:36

    I have A Tacheuchi TB 14 that has the same style Spec tag. Mine is a 87. Grey market. I would like to find a service manual for mine as well.

  18. #18tool_king2023-12-27 19:30

    What is your email Hojo ?

  19. #1936robinc2024-03-25 05:34

    Hi have you a workshop manual for a TB25? my email is [email protected]

  20. #20timw2024-06-08 14:43

    Have had a tb35s for years, prob from 1985. Lots of parts still available. Just rebult some weeping cylinders, head, rings, starter. I did discover steel tracks suck on ice

  21. #21Elalonde2024-07-01 21:28

    [email protected] thank you so much!

  22. #22Simon C2024-07-01 21:46

    Have had a tb35s for years, prob from 1985. Lots of parts still available. Just rebult some weeping cylinders, head, rings, starter. I did discover steel tracks suck on ice Timw: If you weld on corks on the steel tracks they hold well on ice. Many times better than rubber tracks. The welders do at least 20 machines every fall to work on ice. For your size machine 1/2 inch thick by 1.5 iches long by 1 inch high works very well , welded on every pad or second pad. Depends on the application. Simon C

  23. #23BC Placer gold2024-07-01 22:11

    yep, rubber tracks on hard packed snow or ice: useless....

  24. #24timw2024-07-02 14:58

    There'd be plenty of corks around if my old man was (joke) but done know what you mean by cork?

  25. #25Simon C2024-07-02 22:35

    They are little pieces of steel 1/2 inch thick or so, by about 1.5 inches long, and 1 inch high that are put on top of your track grousers. Usually welded on with 7018 rod or similiar, the weight of the machine makes them penetrate hard pack snow or ice so the tracks do not slide around. They are used extensively here in Alberta in the winter to give dozers excellent traction. You can buy from track suppliers, cutting edge suppliers, or most dealers. They come in lengths or precut. Hope it helps. Simon C

  26. #26calinb2024-07-09 16:40

    I haven't logged-on in awhile but I'm looking for a blade cylinder for my old TB25 and started searching here. Dealer is of no help. The local hydraulics shop told me to find another one, because my tube is dented and rod damaged too. I'm having no luck finding a used one or parts. It must have been damaged when I bought the machine and it leaked a little but now it's leaking more than "just a little." I overhauled the entire top with all Yanmar parts. The only Chinese part is the water pump. No Yanmar pump is available. It now starts easily with a new thermostart and that's how and why the previous owner broke all the rings (he used ether starting spray). I starts easily now and doesn't smoke. Anyway...I re-read this thread and, if anyone still needs TB25 manuals (Yanmar and Tekeuchi parts, operator's, service, parts, etc.), I have them all in digital form. I think I sent them all to tool_king but Send me a PM, if you still need them.

  27. #27Mr_ironstone2026-08-24 20:51

    Hi Jim, I'm down under in Australia, pretty much have the same machine, what engine does yours have?, mine is plated JOB ACE, no ID plate , that's missing, i found a site in Scotland that has manuals , happy to share with you if you need them

  28. #28tool_king2026-08-25 21:54

    What are your emails . I have the TB25 manuals in pdf if you want them .