Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco SK25 hydraulic oil leak?

Jwmh ยท 2017-07-05 01:55

My SK25 excavator has sprung a leak. The leak is on what appears to be an unused and capped flexible pipe as shown the photos below. The leak is at the end of the white pipe where it meets the coupling going trhough the chassis and has the unused/capped outlet. The other two hoses, connected to the metal pipes inside, go to the boom. Please can anyone advise what this pipe is for? Thanks.

Replies3
  1. #1dirthog2017-07-05 08:59

    That's the pipes for the auxiliary circuit as long as you do not need them just cap it off at the valve.

  2. #2Jwmh2017-07-06 02:03

    Thanks Dirthog I will trace the flexible line back to find the valve to cap it off as you suggest. Do you know where the controls for this auxiliary circuit are located on the machine. It is a Sk027 and I've only just purchased it so still getting familiar with how it all works. I haven't found any extra levers. It would be great to find an operating or maintenance manual for this or a similar machine.

  3. #3dirthog2017-07-06 08:05

    I believe on the 027 it would be on a foot pedal don't think that is new enough to have the electric control on the joystick.